Thread: Is This Speed Any Good For Mutiplayer

DSL 256/64 Downstream/upstream ADSL modem

I dont know much about broadband internet speeds i know this is the slowest (cheapest) whander if its any good for mutiplayer (unreal tournament 2003/op flashpoint and the like)

if u could give a link to info about broadband (not where to sign up) thanks

i live in australia and broadband is just appering in the outback all help appereated (lots of miss-spells it is 1:48 AM where i am while typing)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    It's fine for playing games, with my 56K modem, it was smooth (with a little lagg). You should be downloading around 32KB/s and sorry mate, no luck with the upload ... top speed ought to be around 8KB/s.

I bet you enjoy the move to broadband? I'm on ADSL myself (standard 512/256) and it really changes the way we use the internet.

P.S. What type of DSL are you on, if it's ADSL, check out http://www.adslguide.org.uk.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks this is a nice Forum nice people well not Pitbull
    (not like that French one i was one i got told to $%# off)
    im not haveing a go at the French just that forum so please dont flame me.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I know this isn't from KaZaA Lite but the fastest I've downloaded was around this (a little slower I think):

And that's one blazing speed on 512/256 ADSL!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Amarjit@1 July 2003 - 17:08
    I know this isn't from KaZaA Lite but the fastest I've downloaded was around this (a little slower I think):

And that's one blazing speed on 512/256 ADSL!
    and your on 512k?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6

not my connection, i have to say.
    this is 1meg cable

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    If you wait around a bit from the time when it asks you what you want to do (open/save etc), ie is still downloading the file in background.

But it starts the timing from the point where you tell it what you want to do.

So if the download has already (or almost) finished you can apparently get tremendous d/l speeds. (I remember seeing around 20 MB/s on 56k d/u with this sort of thing).
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lynx@1 July 2003 - 18:01
    If you wait around a bit from the time when it asks you what you want to do (open/save etc), ie is still downloading the file in background.

But it starts the timing from the point where you tell it what you want to do.

So if the download has already (or almost) finished you can apparently get tremendous d/l speeds. (I remember seeing around 20 MB/s on 56k d/u with this sort of thing).
    gonna try this