Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People Who Don't Share

chalkmongoose
    I always knew someone would make a spam proggy. I don't accept any messages anyway, so it doesn't bother me in the least.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    iamtheoneandonlyone's Avatar Andromeda Ascendant
    People are greedy. They think by not sharing, p2p won't be hurt by this. In fact everyone will be hurt by this even thought it's a small amount.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    well.....we(humans) MUST share.......

There is NO logical arguement(or premise)for NOT sharing!!

"Nuff" said..........be well all.& safe!!

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    chalkmongoose
    Even though I think this topic has been beaten to death in many forms... I couldn't give a rat's ass if people don't share. They probably have a reason. A lot of people worry about security, and I respect that, considering that anyone (like me) with a basic knowledge of IP protocols could get your IP in two seconds and visit your computer (if port 80 is opened). Also, some people use p2p at work, or in school, and can't share for obvious reasons.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    mgray3k's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@2 July 2003 - 19:44
    Even though I think this topic has been beaten to death in many forms... I couldn't give a rat's ass if people don't share. They probably have a reason. A lot of people worry about security, and I respect that, considering that anyone (like me) with a basic knowledge of IP protocols could get your IP in two seconds and visit your computer (if port 80 is opened). Also, some people use p2p at work, or in school, and can't share for obvious reasons.
    WHY? whats the Point?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@2 July 2003 - 19:44
    Even though I think this topic has been beaten to death in many forms... I couldn't give a rat's ass if people don't share. They probably have a reason. A lot of people worry about security, ...
    About that security : If this is what causes them not to share, then why would they download stuff that could be harboring trojans, virusses, worms and such from complete strangers?
    And someone who knows his stuff could find out where a connection is coming from, so it will filter out the not-rhat-knowledgable persons that would try such stuff, but there would still be plenty of others who'd manage to get in.
    It really is sad, both that they don't seem to be seeing this and get some REAL security, and that there have to be people trying to get into someone elses' computer for reasons other than to just snoop around or check out the security.

I'm not bashing on this reply, far from it... merely expanding on it.
    What many seem to overlook is that there are many processes working to make kazaa appear on a screen, to make the os run.... to connect to the internet.... and somehow there are those who think that they are safe using kazaa without sharing or with a privacy patch, while they remain ignorant of the fact that the entire system could be using their connection at the same time, because of some maliscious file telling someone that they are online.
    And virusscanners/trojan removers can only deal with such issues once they are identified, someone thinking up a new way of doing these things would have plenty of time to wreak havoc.

This reply is getting longer than I planned, so I'll cut it short now that I think it at least delivered the message... and if leechers really bug you, what's stopping you from canceling their uploads?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    I rather have the people who don't share....To stay that way. Considering all the B/S that's being shared now. It's pretty bad when some1 will actually download and KEEP a movie recorded on a camcoder. Not to mention the person who sat in the theater to record it . Reminds me of the old times when kids would peek through a hole in the fence to watch a baseball game. Please tell me that life is not that bad. On the other hand..... at least they are not fake files

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by Biggest_Baddest_Wolf+6 July 2003 - 18:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggest_Baddest_Wolf @ 6 July 2003 - 18:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chalkmongoose@2 July 2003 - 19:44
    Even though I think this topic has been beaten to death in many forms... I couldn&#39;t give a rat&#39;s ass if people don&#39;t share. They probably have a reason. A lot of people worry about security, ...
    About that security : If this is what causes them not to share, then why would they download stuff that could be harboring trojans, virusses, worms and such from complete strangers?
    And someone who knows his stuff could find out where a connection is coming from, so it will filter out the not-rhat-knowledgable persons that would try such stuff, but there would still be plenty of others who&#39;d manage to get in.
    It really is sad, both that they don&#39;t seem to be seeing this and get some REAL security, and that there have to be people trying to get into someone elses&#39; computer for reasons other than to just snoop around or check out the security.

I&#39;m not bashing on this reply, far from it... merely expanding on it.
    What many seem to overlook is that there are many processes working to make kazaa appear on a screen, to make the os run.... to connect to the internet.... and somehow there are those who think that they are safe using kazaa without sharing or with a privacy patch, while they remain ignorant of the fact that the entire system could be using their connection at the same time, because of some maliscious file telling someone that they are online.
    And virusscanners/trojan removers can only deal with such issues once they are identified, someone thinking up a new way of doing these things would have plenty of time to wreak havoc.

This reply is getting longer than I planned, so I&#39;ll cut it short now that I think it at least delivered the message... and if leechers really bug you, what&#39;s stopping you from canceling their uploads? [/b][/quote]
    I know some people who just use K-Lite for music, like my father and his business laptop. Hard to embed a virus inside an mp3 file... The most you can do is corrupt it, or do something like virus.mp3.exe and hope somebody doesn&#39;t notice the exe extension on the end :l

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by mgray3k@1 July 2003 - 11:37
    I&nbsp; use a program a friend of mine told me about and it works with all kazaa Programs
    it Check&#39;s people in Que line to see if there sharing if there not it will send them a message saying " Share or you can&#39;t download from these person"
    since i use the privacy patch, i guess i&#39;m one of those sorry suckers that gets cut off.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    stiffy
    I have like 250+ MP3s, and maybe one person per hour will download from me........... which says to me that there&#39;s already more than enough people sharing. I mean, yeah, there&#39;s the whole philosophical thing, but....... really, only a small percentage of Kazaa users have to share, and I don&#39;t think people should really make such a big deal when people don&#39;t share.... but that&#39;s just me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast