Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trackers vs. traders

Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    I have a question for community representatives out here (though I doubt they be willing to tell the truth) - have you taken additional measures to find and disable traders in last 6 months? This includes additional scripts, policies for dealing with suspected traders, active or passive monitoring of trading-related sites etc.
    Yep. I know a few other sites as well.
    Its to the point most of us can catch you without even using forums like this one to spot you like many used to do before.

Feel free to try and find 1 user here who has successfully traded an account on my site and had it last longer than a week.

(Most are disabled within the hour.)
    i join your site by trading succesfully btw , first, there is not script at least in the site i know,second, there is much lazy staff that not take seriously their job/hobby, third, staff can ban every suspect trader but they never feel/know 100% and you will not gonna tell me that because of ip changing,isp change,foreign ip,proxy,etc that mean a trade account, it could be the same person , and now people start giving account+mail. this is just like pirating , they dont know to stop us but they can put same rules to limiting it. but is not gonna be 100% effective. so i think at this moment that a site can detect trading activity is only 10% caught,90% succesfully traded. they must improved more, not allowing email change is one of the great point for prevent account trading in this year. anyway there some site that i hear they are very obsessive with traders like ftn, and they are doing a good job. for my opinion this is just a rumor because i have succesfully traded 2 times in there and no banning notice since now. maybe luck? well then all in this live is just about luck and nothing else matter.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmeare View Post
    dont trade,its against the rules off the site i dont blame them for tracking you down. dont fight the system, the system always wins.

thats every true you can't get away frm the system they will allways find out
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    Assuming you can't use proxys on a tracker what are the odds of having an ip from a whole different country and not being a trade. Anyway I think the admins don't ban just basing on that, they must have other evidence which are pretty easy to find.

Ps: Sorry if the English is not very good but I'm slightly drunk.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Feel free to try and find 1 user here who has successfully traded an account on my site and had it last longer than a week.

Its because of that great desire (or paranoia) in hunting traders and cheaters that sometimes you disabled clean users. yeah, everybody makes mistakes...

Think about it!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Its to the point most of us can catch you without even using forums like this one to spot you like many used to do before.
    I think trading will move to local forums. If country wasn't changed you'll have only circumstantional evidence which is not enugh to justify disabling.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Ri0N View Post
    Its because of that great desire (or paranoia) in hunting traders and cheaters that sometimes you disabled clean users. yeah, everybody makes mistakes...
    I haven't seen anyone who was falsely accused of trading. But at least some of the stories about Oink's anti-cheating system are true.
    Last edited by AugustoP; 08-21-2007 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Ri0N View Post
    I haven't seen anyone who was falsely accused of trading.
    I already experienced that m8, thats why i can talk about it. I have experienced worst things, that are motivated by paranoia.

One day you wake up and you are involved in chaos!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by berry89 View Post

i join your site by trading succesfully btw , first, there is not script at least in the site i know,second, there is much lazy staff that not take seriously their job/hobby, third, staff can ban every suspect trader but they never feel/know 100% and you will not gonna tell me that because of ip changing,isp change,foreign ip,proxy,etc that mean a trade account, it could be the same person , and now people start giving account+mail. this is just like pirating , they dont know to stop us but they can put same rules to limiting it. but is not gonna be 100% effective. so i think at this moment that a site can detect trading activity is only 10% caught,90% succesfully traded. they must improved more, not allowing email change is one of the great point for prevent account trading in this year. anyway there some site that i hear they are very obsessive with traders like ftn, and they are doing a good job. for my opinion this is just a rumor because i have succesfully traded 2 times in there and no banning notice since now. maybe luck? well then all in this live is just about luck and nothing else matter.
    Why exactly would you need 2 accounts on the same tracker?
    Also you probably slipped by when I was on vacation or before I added the scripts I use. (About 4 - 5 months ago)
    I dont even need to check email changes. And I have yet to see 1 user who was disabled for trading that wasnt trading.

Generally when you trade an account... you would notice client switches or speed changes on the downloads/seeds. (Just to give you another idea how to be caught.)

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Generally when you trade an account... you would notice client switches or speed changes on the downloads/seeds. (Just to give you another idea how to be caught.)

what happens when a user upgrades his connection or he changes his ISP to one who has better services (better download/upload speed) ... he will be banned too?
    Last edited by JaZZ2007; 08-21-2007 at 08:54 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I have a question for community representatives out here (though I doubt they be willing to tell the truth) - have you taken additional measures to find and disable traders in last 6 months? This includes additional scripts, policies for dealing with suspected traders, active or passive monitoring of trading-related sites etc.
    Of course they have.

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Yes, let's ban all users who decide to get a better connection to help out the tracker. Real smart.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast