Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trackers vs. traders

NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugur View Post
    Wow, your site must be very valuable if it has such offers for it. Wonder why it isn't in the WIAW thread.

it is a very good site... MM and the rest of the staff work their butts off.... and the community as a whole is pretty darn freindly also.....
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JaZZ2007 View Post

what happens when a user upgrades his connection or he changes his ISP to one who has better services (better download/upload speed) ... he will be banned too?
    I didnt say they would be banned.
    Im giving an example of how some can be spotted using other methods than just simply looking for email/password changes like most of you guys would normally think of.

Anyone can decide to change clients, and even to get a better ISP, or better speed package withing the same ISP... Admins can't decide who to ban based *just* on that...
    Technically the staff on sites can ban you for any reason they want. Or for no reason for that matter.
    It all depends on the site. Being a member on a site is a privledge and not a right or requirement. They have no contract or anything saying that you are guarenteed to keep your account.
    (However youll probably notice sites that ban multiple users for no reason often get known for doing so. So probably wouldnt last that long.)

I personally am not against giving invites to your friends or other people you have met.
    Im more against ACCOUNT trading.
    I'm also against account trading, or ANY trading at all... I think all the invites should be given for free. Of course you may want to know the guy you're giving it to, or ask for proofs, but at the end, it should be *given*, not traded. As for banning for nothing, or that it is a privilege to be part of a tracker (and it is), don't forget that a tracker with no users is nothing...

Just an opinion

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    Comeon Melvin ,don't u think it's too much for Tophos ,sceners give 10 ftns 10 onk ,5 scts ,etc,......... for atracker which was open signups acouple of months ago

I am not saying that your tracker is bad ,honestly i think my acc there was deleted for inactivity and i didn't create anew one when u opened but some friends say it's good lately

but what would make sceners take this much troubles to get in your tracker ,to be honest the offers they gave to get in as u mentioned seems totally ridiculous as i bet from experince that it's much easier to get in your tracker with lesser ofers than that an i am ot talkin about you getting to these accs in some days but in getting in

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    if no trading, how does a guy like me get into bitmetv or ftn? i dont want to break the rules and get banned, I just want to start fresh with my own account
    (no im not asking for invites now, i need to wait my month)

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    As for banning for nothing, or that it is a privilege to be part of a tracker (and it is), don't forget that a tracker with no users is nothing...
    which is what I meant by:
    (However youll probably notice sites that ban multiple users for no reason often get known for doing so. So probably wouldnt last that long.)

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    Comeon Melvin ,don't u think it's too much for Tophos ,sceners give 10 ftns 10 onk ,5 scts ,etc,......... for atracker which was open signups acouple of months ago

I am not saying that your tracker is bad ,honestly i think my acc there was deleted for inactivity and i didn't create anew one when u opened but some friends say it's good lately

but what would make sceners take this much troubles to get in your tracker ,to be honest the offers they gave to get in as u mentioned seems totally ridiculous as i bet from experince that it's much easier to get in your tracker with lesser ofers than that an i am ot talkin about you getting to these accs in some days but in getting in
    TBH I thought it was a bit high as well. But ive seen people honestly make them posts. Wont give exact sites address... but trader sites abbreviations are rp.com

Weve acctually only had open signups for about 3 weeks total in the last year.
    I have been banning scene groups off my site for the last 6 - 8 Months TBH.
    They want onto the site cause we get alot of mainline films before the scene does.
    They basically do what some sites do with other sites packs...
    They dl the file and retag it with their name. (Basically)
    Canalstreet even mentioned they do this with our files in a few of their later nfos before their group was shut down. Camera has done the same as well. Some of neptune/mvs last couple files they done were nuked with snapshots of our site showing the same release was on p2p first.
    Ive even seen alot of our internal releases posted on sites like TL and RevTT.
    Another site that gets alot before scene would be aradi. They go through the same thing I go through on my site except I find the sceners basically

We havent been doing many int rips the last couple weeks due to the fact we are trying to let the comotion caused by the scene notices about us/canalstreet/camera/rustlers die.

if no trading, how does a guy like me get into bitmetv or ftn? i dont want to break the rules and get banned, I just want to start fresh with my own account
    I know quite a few people who have hmmmm tried messaging staff from those sites.... Just a thought... you ever tried ASKING NICELY
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 08-21-2007 at 02:21 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by AmpeD View Post

you probally got a much better chance of getting BitMeTV than FTN... but who knows... if you catch the right people at the right times you may get into w/e tracker you want... as a reminder of this forum... if you share/give back to the community ... then you'll eventually get in.... EVEN FTN!! it's all about making friends ... also... you and countless other make it sound like trading is THE only way to get something... mind you there have been many successful trades ...... BUT, there have been many more unsuccessful as well..... especially for any of the lvl 9-10 rated trackers! ... if you think you're a smart one....... HA HA HA... YOU'll SEE!
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    Say the magic word
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Just ask.

I got invited to every tracker under the sun in under six months without ever trading a single time.

Its all about who you know and who you get to know.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Necronomicon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Which site is under Your jurisdiction, Sir?

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugur View Post
    Wow, your site must be very valuable if it has such offers for it. Wonder why it isn't in the WIAW thread.
    Hm , WIAW thread is not list of trackers that are valuable, I don't know how many trackers are there listed but I can tell you for 0day and general section maybe 10 of them are worth by their content.Specialized trackers are usually good cuz of rarity of it's content.

And from my side, I never supported acc trading, but from one side invite trading with FRIENDS(that includes eFriends) is ok.It's hard to find good efriend for who you can say is honnest person cuz for these couple of years I'm here I saw everything, from good and trusted ppl to be invite sellers, cheaters and many others things.So from that I understand completely why they don't allow invite trading.Just to note for ol' schoolers to remember how TiT was crushed, person traded his acc to FBI agent as far as I remember good.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast