Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Is Downloading Music Stealing? Not In My...

ncblkgy
    Originally posted by ISthisLEGAL.com+1 July 2003 - 21:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ISthisLEGAL.com &#064; 1 July 2003 - 21:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-2nd gen noob@1 July 2003 - 22:02
    of course it&#39;s stealing

you&#39;re either blind or a fool (or a blind fool) not to &#39;see&#39; that.
    downloading a file is the same as stealing a cd from a shop

after all, the songs on the cd are files too

downloading music is stealing, and is wrong. unless it&#39;s to feed your family of course, then there&#39;s a grey area
    Sorry mate, its not stealing&#33; as your not permanently depriving anyone of anything only making a copy its not theft, alls your doing is breaking copy right laws which lets face it nearly everyone has a copy of something.[/b][/quote]
    Hello all, Well since we are all have the right to voice our opinions, i decided well why not. I for one do think that file share is stealing in some shape or form.. But it doesnt stop me shit I guess im just a theif, But think about it this way. Lets say you were an artist very good one at that and you had a CD come out.. All your concerts sale out so you know everyone loves you.. first day your CD is out and in some cases a few days before. The whole CD is already uploaded onto a file share.. You at that time will think with out a doubt after you dont sell as many records as you expect think people are stealing from you. Thats how I look at it. If I was the one making the music then you(no one in particular) would be depriving me of my money or what ever else BUT I DONT GIVE A F*** IM GONNA DL ANYWAY just thought it would be another thing for all you people that think you arent stealing see the TRUE picture...
    Much love

Los

2. File Sharing   -   #112
    Cueshark
    Hi there everybody. I&#39;m new in this forum and I&#39;d like to say something.

Is sharing music stealing? Yes and No, both and none.

If you listen to music that normally one would need to buy then effectively you are gaining something for free but not necessarily stealing.

Why argue about the semantics involved?

I&#39;m a musician and if I spent hours slaving in the studio to produce an album which was then downloaded for free i&#39;d be a bit annoyed BUT....only if it adversely effected me. I&#39;d hope that the hard core fan will want the original for the cd and booklet anyway.

It would be WRONG to download my music but I wouldn&#39;t label it as stealing.

I have copied a VCR tape before but I didn&#39;t feel like I was commiting a crime.

AND.....

I would quite happily download MANUFACTURED POP S**T till the cows come home because...

A) Their music is exploiting people&#39;s stupidity and if people are willing to spend petrol in their cars and money in their pocket to buy them then it&#39;s their stupid fault. People should file share crap like this to eliminate them from the industry anyway.

B ) It&#39;s crap and the performers are fake, talentless and can&#39;t hold a note with a mic in front of them.

Crap music and the images that modern manufactured pop portrays is FAR FAR more damaging than downloading the songs and does far more damage to society.

But If I was a record company I&#39;d definately argue filesharing was stealing because it takes money out of my pocket and so I would be biased. I put this crock of shit band together and so I want all the money I can get out of it before the lead singers turn 20 and become way too old&#33; ( Plus they may start to take an interest in music which would be bad )

You get what I&#39;m saying. You are listening to music you have downloaded but you are not stealing because it isn&#39;t a tangible physical object. To be picky you could argue that but WHY bother. If something&#39;s great like some music is then you should show your appreciation by buying it, if something&#39;s rubbish then download it ( especially if it&#39;s manufactured pap ).

PLUS...If bands will continue to release albums with 1 or 2 really great catchy songs and then 8 crappy album fillers then it&#39;s their fault that people download the best songs from the internet.

Cheers everyone&#33;
    John.

3. File Sharing   -   #113
    IamCool
    nope not stealing, its sharing.

4. File Sharing   -   #114
    Originally posted by IamCool@14 July 2003 - 13:38
    nope not stealing, its sharing.
    Oh, okay, glad you cleared that up&#33;

I think Cueshark&#39;s post was a tad more pointful...

5. File Sharing   -   #115
    Poster
    In the vast majority of countries it is not illegal to download.

But it is to upload to someone.

Who cares anyway??Not me,i will download and upload to my hearts content.

6. File Sharing   -   #116
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Originally posted by N£MO@14 July 2003 - 06:46
    In the vast majority of countries it is not illegal to download.

But it is to upload to someone.

Who cares anyway??Not me,i will download and upload to my hearts content.
    "......to my hearts content."

Hmmmmm.........you mean ".....&#39;till my hearts content."

Get it together, NEMO.

7. File Sharing   -   #117
    Jay18bigballs
    I don&#39;t think it stealing and all these music artist don&#39;t do nothing good with the money like feed the hungry or something like that they spend it on boats and cars they got 5 cars all ready and they buy another car for &#036;200,000 thats bullsh*t
    Im glad they are losing money

8. File Sharing   -   #118
    I used a cassette tape when I was young and nothing happend to me
    radio is form of broadcasting a music file if you record it hence download it to tape
    isnt that same thing? same with my cable music commercial free if I tape it and play it in the boat or car am I stealing it ?

9. File Sharing   -   #119
    I dont get it , I can record music off the radio , or off my sat Radio, or better yet
    my cable music subscription "which I pay for" and sounds the nicest
    I record it digitally drag the large files into cool edit pro and cut up the files into indivual files to play on my Mp3 players or whatever computer I want.
    Why is that ok, is no diff than me recording the movies I see on HBO to my
    Hard disc Video recorder or a VCR , all which are approved

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112