Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Downloading Music Stealing? Not In My...

I laugh at the bounds some people go to in attempts to defend their own thievery. You're only lying to yourself. You are stealing, the quicker you admit that the better.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by yNd aznbnet@3 July 2003 - 18:22
    You are stealing, the quicker you admit that the better.
    Why, what happens when people admit that ?

Something good obviously. Please enlighten us, I for one am intrigued.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    What happens when people admit it? For one, they won't be lying to themselves, isn't that a reward enough? Some people are content with sacrificing the truth for personal comfort. How did I know this guy was a christian by simply reading his opening paragraph and thread title?

BTW, nice avatar

one more thing, the christian understone was evident in the thread title alone. I came to that conclusion before I read the closing sentance of his original post

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Poster
    Do you consider it to be stealing in a moral sense, or a legal sense, or both.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Originally posted by yNd aznbnet@3 July 2003 - 18:22
    I laugh at the bounds some people go to in attempts to defend their own thievery. You're only lying to yourself. You are stealing, the quicker you admit that the better.
    Its called sharing mate, your getting abit confused!!!!

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Confused about what? The fact that something is called sharing does not negate the fact that it's also stealing.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by yNd aznbnet@3 July 2003 - 19:50
    Confused about what? The fact that something is called sharing does not negate the fact that it's also stealing.
    So whatīs the actual offence. Itīs okay to glibly say itīs stealing, but what law is being broken.

Itīs Breach of copyright in my opinion.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Originally posted by yNd aznbnet@3 July 2003 - 19:50
    Going into a record store and taking a cd with out paying for it is stealing, going around to someones house and copying a cd from them is not stealing!

I cant make it anymore straight forward than that for you, as jpaul said alls we are doing is breaking copy right laws.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Looks like their use of throwing around "stealing" and "theft" is working.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Stealing or not stealing, thats a tough one alright.

I don't think it's stealing but it comes damm close.

I was thinking along the lines of money, you are getting something for nothing when you recieve shared files which is like stealing, you are getting something for nothing.
    If anything it's kinda like being in reciept of stolen goods, classified as stealing in some lesser courts.

I could go out and buy this cd/game/whatever OR i could download it for free, so ergo i am getting something for nothing and the company that made it also get nothing yet they havent lost anything but the potential to sell another copy of the media. I think thats what people classify as stealing since you are in reciept of a product that you didn't pay for that to get legally you would have to pay for.

Hmm i dunno, stealing not stealing stealing stealin steal ste st sssssssssss......

Brain Faliure at memory adress FE65X 87FAC FF4403

Reboot acitvated

System start

Loading sanity

Compiling typing skill

Hashing life complexes

Defragging rectal track to ensure meaningfull post

Booting OS

Welcome to Xanex OS Pro ver2003

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast