Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Downloading Music Stealing? Not In My...

Hmm i dunno, stealing not stealing stealing stealin steal ste st sssssssssss......

Brain Faliure at memory adress FE65X 87FAC FF4403

Reboot acitvated

System start

Loading sanity

Compiling typing skill

Hashing life complexes

Defragging rectal track to ensure meaningfull post

Booting OS

Welcome to Xanex OS Pro ver2003
    Lol,, very uhhmm... creative.. hehe

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    Raid3r
    Well I am going to have to say....Did SOMEONE buy the thing yes...so SOMEONE is putting it on the p2p network. WHY? cause this person likes to share the wealth the wealth that some ppl barely have. Comon ppl get to the facts 15 to 20 bucks for this cd. Get real, obvioulsy we are all missing the point that they charge waaaaay to much for this item. Its not a book it takes one "oops" and 1 or 4 songs may not work anymore. Believe me I agree with the artist price but not the producer. I could say alot more but what would be the point.

conc: SOMEONE bought it......period.

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Not stealing???????? just because it's not a physical item doesnt mean it's not stealing. If someone leaves their computer logged onto their bank account and you have 8,000$ wired to you that's not stealing because it's only and electronic signal??????
    comon get a clue man

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Poster
    Originally posted by endezeichen@4 July 2003 - 18:35
    Not stealing???????? just because it's not a physical item doesnt mean it's not stealing. If someone leaves their computer logged onto their bank account and you have 8,000$ wired to you that's not stealing because it's only and electronic signal??????
    comon get a clue man
    Specious and irrelevant.

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    Hey, I joined on 4th of July 2003!

Anyway:

Violating copyright laws=theft

So, what's going to happen is the same ol' thing. The internet is vast and nobody expected that problems to certain industry would arise from this. Too many people participate in file sharing to stop. Industry will continue to invent measures on ceasing file sharing. New products, loopholes, slight-of-hand, will come out to bypass those measures. Etc., etc.

This will continue...Congress will try and pass laws...people will protest...those laws will fall, and so on and so forth.

Hey, the internet was born for one reason and one reason only, to make life easier. And if downloading a track to listen to in the peace and quiet of your own home is what ya wanna do, then so be it.

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    Originally posted by ultramagna@4 July 2003 - 21:50
    Hey, I joined on 4th of July 2003!

Anyway:

Violating copyright laws=theft

So, what's going to happen is the same ol' thing. The internet is vast and nobody expected that problems to certain industry would arise from this. Too many people participate in file sharing to stop. Industry will continue to invent measures on ceasing file sharing. New products, loopholes, slight-of-hand, will come out to bypass those measures. Etc., etc.

This will continue...Congress will try and pass laws...people will protest...those laws will fall, and so on and so forth.

Hey, the internet was born for one reason and one reason only, to make life easier. And if downloading a track to listen to in the peace and quiet of your own home is what ya wanna do, then so be it.
    Is copying a friends cd theft???? if you think it is please tell us why??? is recoring a program off the t.v theft???

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    First of all, the part of which I wished to stress the most was everything after the part where I stated violatiing copyright=theft.

Anyway, to answer your question. Why do you think if a large company violates another company's copyright laws, they are sued and usually lose? This loss usually comes by monetary payback or cease and desist of the violation, etc.

Just because you're one individual doesn't give you just cause to get away with a violation which is hurting a company. The real reason the company(s) do not go after just one individual is because it will not help their cause whatsoever cuz so many individuals are doing the same thing. That's why they will go after the biggest offenders and make an example of them -- just as it works as if it were corporation against corporation.

Hey, tell it to the judge (If your'e caught). I only mean to stress the other stuff I said about this mess going on for a while yet. Remember, the people (you and me) have spoken and we are not satisfied by the music industry's prices - bottom line.

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Actually, violating copyrights = breach of copyright, not theft.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    Poster
    why are u guys arguing about this to get ya post count up yes it is illegal

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    Originally posted by EnJoi@5 July 2003 - 00:10
    why are u guys arguing about this to get ya post count up yes it is illegal
    Thats one thing we all can agree on that its illegal, but who gives a toss about post counts??!!! its only a number.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast