Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does PeerGuardian2 actually make a difference?

I dont like it...It just blocks some high speed uploaders.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkameno View Post
    in my experience the anti-p2p ipfilter doesn't filter any 'high speed uploaders'. universities have a reputation of have high speed bandwidths, so you might just want to use the anti-p2p ipfilter only - and leave the edu ipfilter (as well as everything else) unchecked.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkameno View Post
    yeah the high speed uploaders are the ones who are going to sue your ass .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I use it when i was new in torrents.. but now i uninstalled it.... i don't see any difference having one or not... maybe for people that lived in US or other country that is very strict in piracy it will help them....
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i'd use the ipfilter.dat for utorrent anyway. ask fstrulz for a tut or something. when i have ipfilter enabled in utor, in the log i see a crap-load of ips being blocked when i download from public trackers. it's basically just the anti-p2p list on PG. All you need, really..

Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post
    I use it when i was new in torrents.. but now i uninstalled it.... i don't see any difference having one or not... maybe for people that lived in US or other country that is very strict in piracy it will help them....
    kirktrix, you contradicted yourself. first you said that you see no real difference (i.e. you did not block many, if any ips using PG), however you expect it to help people who live in a country that has strict copyright laws. it doesn't matter what country you are in.. you are still able to connect to (or potentially block) the ips on the blocklist...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    kirktrix, you contradicted yourself. first you said that you see no real difference (i.e. you did not block many, if any ips using PG), however you expect it to help people who live in a country that has strict copyright laws. it doesn't matter what country you are in.. you are still able to connect to (or potentially block) the ips on the blocklist...
    Sorry for my bad english... Just a clarification what i have said... PG really works in blocking IP's for sure because i try it..... i have said that there is no real difference using it for me because either i use it or not it will not affect me..... im working here in china and piracy is all over the place here....
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post
    i have said that there is no real difference using it for me because either i use it or not it will not affect me..... im working here in china and piracy is all over the place here....
    haha ok i understand.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Member BT Rep: +1
    PG2 often messed up my firewall.
    p2p filter will just do the same job.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I've never had any problems with PG. I know if you try to use a site like eztv it blocks about 75% of the peers out there if you have everything enabled. So if anything it's about how it's configured.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12