Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BitMeTV ratio problems

anonymoose's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I got an invite yesterday, and I downloaded a programme straight away. After seeding for almost 16hours, I haven't uploaded anything. I am sure that keeping an account is going to be really difficult, with my slow home connection (max 70kpbs upload).
    So, does anyone know of any torrents there that have lots of leechers which I can get elsewhere and seed at BMTV to up my ratio?
    If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    goysalh's Avatar Helper... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    You can seed tv's pack like 24,Nip/tuck.
    Please don't send PM me about trade or wanting any invite.If I see somebody really need some tracker I will send invite.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I got an invite yesterday, and I downloaded a programme straight away. After seeding for almost 16hours, I haven't uploaded anything. I am sure that keeping an account is going to be really difficult, with my slow home connection (max 70kpbs upload).
    So, does anyone know of any torrents there that have lots of leechers which I can get elsewhere and seed at BMTV to up my ratio?
    If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?

it's all about timing.... although i really find it hard to believe you havn't been able to upload anything... but to get a piece of the torrent action timing is everything... ya don't want to jump on a new torrent right away(that could hurt you) keep an eye on it and see how many (if anyone) decides to get it.. then make your move.... usually get best ratios when the torrent is well off....
    and its not recomened to jump on every one that comes up either... take your time and choose wisely..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    You need to get FAST on popular series and I know from my own experience, that it's not a problem to seed back more than 1:1 with 70kbps. Browse the list by most popular snatches and you'll see, which ones you should seed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I can seed very well with my 30kbps maximum, its just a matter of pacience and grab those hot torrents soon.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ive found the best way to get a good ratio at bmtv is to upload your own shows.

im only using a 50kbps upload line for bmtv and ive got a 120GB upload buffer in 2 months since ive been a member.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Giggly BT Rep: +1
    Bitmetv is a hard tracker to keep your upload up on. big tv packs can be good, but also dangerous if they're not on a popular show.

It's a little harder during the summer months, but there's still a few good shows on the go. Check the front page listing every hour or two and see what's going fast, then next time that show appears, try to grab it in the first few minutes. Seed as long as you can as well. Don't jump right in and download everything you want.

Also, good luck with it all

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    Don't rely on big tv packs, those make your ratio worse (at least mine is)
    But maybe it's because I did it on old pack
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose
    you always donate for upload credit

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    The EASIEST way to seed well is this. You WANT to jump on new torrents, but you have to know which ones to jump on to. This seems like an impossible task, but it really isnt. For example. Tonight I saw that the new Colbert was released, and already had 68 seeders and only 8 downloaders. I dont watch the show, but I need to build ratio. At first it looks like this would not be a good torrent to grab for seeding purposes. But here comes the trick. Run a quick search for "Colbert" and see how many snatches the previous episodes have. I saw that each had around 200-300 snatches, so I can be fairly sure that there are 200-300 people who download just about every episode of the show. I can therefore be fairly safe in my assumption that around 200 additional people will download the show after me, assuring me a hefty bit of seeding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast