Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackcats has gone mad with power!

necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I haven't downloaded anything over there in months until yesterday. I picked up Bioshock for the 360 and the speeds were great, maxed out my 6mb connection.

After the torrent finished uploading was another story. With a ratio of 1900:110 I'm not getting much upload. Anything under 0.8 ratio is considered hit and run. No problem, I can just wait for the seed points right? Not exactly. I found out that they only apply to torrents with ratios above 20:1. Also, you need to be connected for 72 hrs before any seed points are awarded. So I will have to wait it out for 3-4 days until any seedpoints start accumulating. Then I found out if you disconnect for any amount of time they start taking your seed points back. No big deal right? So they give out 1 point per hour or .25 points if you're unconnectable. Since their poorly coded site can't figure out that I am connectable (even though I clearly am) it will take me about 284 hours to seed back the torrent using their system, or 12 days. (still a minimum of 7 days if I was connectable). It could possibly be even longer if the seed/leech ratio doesn't stay above 20:1 or my pc turns off.

Wow, and I thought FTN used to be bad . Long story short this site being micromanaged into the ground. There's too many rules and the seed system is too confusing. I'm required to seed for way too long and my 100 gb buffer means nothing. Picture oink enforcing a hit and run scheme, because this is exactly what's going on.

Bye bye blackcats, it was fun while it lasted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Its a popular torrent and you'll get a 1:1 soon enough.

Suck it up.

If I can seed back at SCT to a .7 in the first 24 hours (and still uploading), than surely you can seed to a 1:1 at Black-Cats.

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Boo!!!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by necromantic View Post
    Boo!!!!
    Good point. Well represented.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    besides, i seed stuff for months, how come you can't seed it for week or two?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Gunners Fan & Lover BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    What will you loose if you keep seeding the torrent for a week or 2?
    I know their system is a bit complicated but you will find it really helpful when you download old games that has no leechers.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Thier seed point system has saved me a few times so I can't knock it and I never turn pc off anyway.
    Rent this space

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    marksman's Avatar -------> BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    what if ur pc reboots or freezes and u had 2 rstart..u'll have to restart tehe 72 hours all over again?
    Been There, Done That

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Just leave all your torrents running until they turn red.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Anti-Trader Inc. BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by gar3th View Post
    Thier seed point system has saved me a few times so I can't knock it and I never turn pc off anyway.
    Not something we windows users can say :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast