Thread: Sue The Riaa

I'd like to see someone sue the RIAA claiming that music has been sold under the false pretenses that the product the consumer was purchasing was actually theirs. Since apparently its not. The penalty should be that anyone who wants to return their CD's for a 100% refund can do so.. Then we could all just return the CD's we bought and watch the music companies try to pay it all back.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent
    yeah u got the money u do that

damn rich ppl...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@2 July 2003 - 00:27
    yeah u got the money u do that

damn rich ppl...
    Hey I said someone.. If I had the money you can bet your butt I would. It pisses me off that people with millions of dollars bitch and complain about lost profit when there are people in the world that are starving. The only thing the RIAA is concerned about is whether or not they will be able to buy a new Mercedes every year.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    The RIAAs companies have been sued before.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    What about a petition?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    or mail them one of there executives heads?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Well you could actually sue them for invasion of privacy cause they have no warrent to check your computer. If the sue you for something ridiculous like i dunno $150mil, you can counter sue them for the invasion of privacy, false accusation if you actually own the cd/movie. there's many ways you can sue them except they have to make the first strike.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    If they sue the avarage Joe for a milllion dollars and win do they really expect to get their money?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Arm@3 July 2003 - 17:31
    If they sue the avarage Joe for a milllion dollars and win do they really expect to get their money?
    Obviously they do. Why else would they sue someone, if they didn't intend collecting the money.

I am sure once the debt is established they will use the full force of the law to enforce it. Selling assets, taking part of the persons income etc.

Anything else would be a waste of time and effort.