Thread: Question About Regions

BANNED
    Ok I have a PS2 and im from Australia and I would like to order games from America becasue u cant get some here till like 4 months latere for example madden 2004 u get in like August I have to wait painfull till December

Now Ive heard If i bought a game from america and played it here it wont work becseu of teh regions is there anyway to stop this from happening??? a boot disk

2. Games   -   #2
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Actually I don't know anything about the regions but when I saw the post I just egerly wanted to say this:

Come here to america!!!

Actually that isnt off topic...That would fix your problem....except you may have to buy another ps2 here. I hope this helps and if you need any help moving in to america, I can help. I think I can set you up a nice apartment here in Miami... what do you say?

3. Games   -   #3
    BANNED
    man I would love to come to america seriously if I had the chance and money

4. Games   -   #4
    Ahh trust me its beutifuly. Of course spring break here in maimi is . The clubs are loud and no one ever sleeps. Luckily I live in a quiet part so I don't here no college kids humping and what not. Except for my next door neighboors(2 60 year olds get it on all the time...very loud). I'd go to some of those places but I'm 17 and its a little aukward being surrounded by guys 23 and up. I look out of place and since I can't drink it makes me look like a kid. Though I'm not 21 and I can't drink in bars, who says I can't drink at home :beerchug:

Anyway I'm going on here about crap no one really cares about so....

I don't think that just because you have your playstation and your in Australia that american ones wouldn't work on it. I have no idea...I'm an expert at computers but don't really know what the game manufacturing companys do with there units.

5. Games   -   #5
    BANNED
    ohh well that means its pretty pointless me downloading PS2 rips

6. Games   -   #6
    Not neccessarily. You should check around on the internet. Search google for something about ps2 regional things. You may find something. Beats the hell out of paying 40-50 dollars for a game.

7. Games   -   #7
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I think it's somewhat similar to DVD regions. The encoding's different for North American regions than Asian regions than European regions. I'm no PS expert, though.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Games   -   #8
    BANNED
    Not neccessarily. You should check around on the internet. Search google for something about ps2 regional things. You may find something. Beats the hell out of paying 40-50 dollars for a game.
    lol actully their about 100 bucks here lol but if your right magicnakor I can buy a DVD region disk that u use for the PS2 will it work for games too?? anyone know

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by adthomp@2 July 2003 - 11:13

"lol actully their about 100 bucks here"
    God man you got to move here fast! lol. It would be cheaper to move to america than it would be to buy ONE of those games