Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: U.s. Suspends Aid To 35 Countries Over New Icc

Originally posted by j2k4
    We are all drunk and foaming at the mouth; we should forego posting until we're sober, and less hostile and insulting.
    I'd prefer it if you kept posting crap of this nature actually, although it would be nice if you could stop sulking.

Also, dont insult clocker by putting him in the same boat as you. Your the one who consistently replies to my posts with childish insults motivated by personal dislike.

You'll notice clocker and I can vehemently disagree on one thread but we don't carry the bad feeling through to the next one. We also tend to stick to the topic at hand.

Its called maturity, and yes I am being purposefully condescending here, its very appropriate considering your last post.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Actually, I am just off my model post, my conclusion you are free to disagree with and it can be discussed.

1. Established my perspective, mentioning pertinent postives and negatives relevant to the topic.

2. Acknowledged the pressure that Bush is under due to his religion and constituants.

3. Stated the the consequences of his actions.

4. Concluded that the "cons" outweighed the "pros".

5. Proposed a solution.

6. Failed to resort to rhetoric by calling anyone a "babykiller".

I'm feeling a little bit supirehyor, at the moment.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Originally posted by hobbes
    6. Failed to resort to rhetoric by calling anyone a "babykiller
    Wooah! Hold your horses!! No one called anyone a babykiller

The problem with JPauls argument was highlighted by showing that killing children could be justified if it was taken to its logical conclusion.

For what its worth (take a cheap shot here if you want j2k4) I actually liked your post for all the reasons you stated. Unfortunately its not typical of the anti-evilbagpuss brigade. (Woe is me! )

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by hobbes@2 July 2003 - 19:00

I'm feeling a little bit supirehyor, at the moment.
    It's those pleated pants.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss+3 July 2003 - 02:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evilbagpuss &#064; 3 July 2003 - 02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    6. Failed to resort to rhetoric by calling anyone a "babykiller
    Wooah&#33; Hold your horses&#33;&#33; No one called anyone a babykiller

The problem with JPauls argument was highlighted by showing that killing children could be justified if it was taken to its logical conclusion.

For what its worth (take a cheap shot here if you want j2k4) I actually liked your post for all the reasons you stated. Unfortunately its not typical of the anti-evilbagpuss brigade. (Woe is me&#33; )[/b][/quote]
    I was actually talking about Myfiles, but really just to point out how exactly a discussion can tranform into "quibbles", post dissections and distortions.

I am medically not allowed to join a brigade because of back problems.

Anyway, I am being taunted by the worm at the bottle of my tequila bottle and I need to go teach that boy some manners&#33;

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Originally posted by clocker+3 July 2003 - 02:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 3 July 2003 - 02:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@2 July 2003 - 19:00

I&#39;m feeling a little bit supirehyor, at the moment.
    It&#39;s those pleated pants.[/b][/quote]
    Wow, I actually meant that I was feeling up a little Eeyore. Good clean fun&#33;

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Poster
    Wow, this was a great thread to read&#33;
    I love it&#33;&#33;
    JPaul, you are excellent my friend&#33;
    I thought you said you weren&#39;t ever gonna join us?
    Glad you have&#33;&#33;&#33;

You guys have hashed it out pretty good, so I&#39;m not going to comment on it except to say that I thought it had more to do with the US&#39;s soverignty.
    I really haven&#39;t paid too close attention to the news today as I bought a new comp with a VIA mainboard and I&#39;m in an exceptionally good mood&#33;

What I wanna know is - Why are we sending troops to liberia??
    Reallly, I&#39;m not kidding.
    Have any of you ever played the board game called RISK?
    It just seems we&#39;re spreading our forces out a little thin.

BTW, I am a Risk Master&#33;&#33;

Oh, one more thing, I don&#39;t have a spell checker installed just yet, so your gonna have to put up with my spelling.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss+2 July 2003 - 19:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evilbagpuss &#064; 2 July 2003 - 19:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-j2k4
    We are all drunk and foaming at the mouth; we should forego posting until we&#39;re sober, and less hostile and insulting.
    I&#39;d prefer it if you kept posting crap of this nature actually, although it would be nice if you could stop sulking.

Also, dont insult clocker by putting him in the same boat as you. Your the one who consistently replies to my posts with childish insults motivated by personal dislike.

You&#39;ll notice clocker and I can vehemently disagree on one thread but we don&#39;t carry the bad feeling through to the next one. We also tend to stick to the topic at hand.

Its called maturity, and yes I am being purposefully condescending here, its very appropriate considering your last post.[/b][/quote]
    EBP-

Your post was apropos of what, exactly?

Your name was undeniably absent from my post-you seem to have taken offence at this absence, and again are posting accusations of insults so as to be insulting yourself.

I would never insult Clocker (and he knows it) nor Hobbes, who you apparently have no affection for (nor urge to defend) as he has called you on the carpet in the past for your peculiar type of churlishness.

I do not sulk-anyone here will tell you.

I am likewise "aces" at sticking with the subject.

I have no time to waste "disliking" you EPB, though I have spent some of it disagreeing with you.

Now, if you will kindly excuse me, I must console Hobbes, as the fact you failed to mention him in your attempt to chide me has upset him greatly.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@2 July 2003 - 23:49
    Wow, this was a great thread to read&#33;
    What I wanna know is - Why are we sending troops to liberia??
    Reallly, I&#39;m not kidding.
    Shock-

The greatness will no doubt continue, as we now have our world renamed and stand at the dawn of a new age", as it were.

In light of this, why don&#39;t you start a new thread on the Liberian question? B)
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Originally posted by hobbes@2 July 2003 - 20:00
    Actually, I am just off my model post, my conclusion you are free to disagree with and it can be discussed.

1. Established my perspective, mentioning pertinent postives and negatives relevant to the topic.

2. Acknowledged the pressure that Bush is under due to his religion and constituants.

3. Stated the the consequences of his actions.

4. Concluded that the "cons" outweighed the "pros".

5. Proposed a solution.

6. Failed to resort to rhetoric by calling anyone a "babykiller".

I&#39;m feeling a little bit supirehyor, at the moment.
    I hereby laud a sterling example of what constitutes a worthwhile post; Hobbes-I salute you-you provide a lesson for us all.

I am (as ever) astounded by your astuteness.

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast