Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What To Do If The Riaa Gets Sue Happy

Jonne's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by matt_helgren18@2 July 2003 - 15:31
    Now, I might be called crazy, but I think this was a stroke of genius. I don't know about you, but I am watching my steps in the next few months, what with the RIAA's new authority to sue at will those of us who have copyrighted songs on our computers.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,90403,00.html

Now, i know as well as you do that internet sharing will never completely die, but if this goes down, there's going to be quite a lot of work that must happen in order for p2p to continue. I know I dont want to get sued by those white collar bastards, and I'm sure you don't either. But, if this does happen, I think that somehow, somebody should find a way to open CD rental stores. Why not? It's just like a video rental store. People can still (AND DO) pirate those. If they could open up nation-wide, the RIAA would shit themselves and lose even more money while they are at it. Just a thought i figured people should know. In theory, it works...
    Isn't there something called 'libraries' in your neighbourhood? The library in my town has lots of cd's, and i have ripped some of them, and, i'm sharing them...
    That idea isn't that revolutionary...

@metro: it's football, not soccer!

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Get out from under your bridge shotglass...

Originally posted by shotglass
    message-board sophistication
    and you can have a nice warm glass of hypocrisy to go with your main course of irony.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Whatever that means ... OK.

If you think I'm going to apologize for THAT, you must think I care about what you think, which I really, really don't.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Originally posted by Jibbler@4 July 2003 - 20:43
    This is just the kind of response the RIAA wants. They are trying to scare you into thinking that sharing music is a crime. In fact, the crime is being committed by the industry. I buy CDs, and in some instances, due to copy protection, I can't make multiple copies for my car, house, work, etc. Do they think that I'm going to buy 3 copies of the same CD? I ask you who is committing the crime? The industry is forcing me to download mp3s to make backup copies of music that I have legitimately paid for.
    Dude, if that's what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better, god love ya.

Now tell me that everybody's downloading MP3s of music they've already bought. Then tell me about some swamp land in Florida you're trying to sell.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Another point here. How about everybody take a moratorium from using the word "paranoid"? There's a clear and present threat out there, and there's nothing paranoid about taking whatever measures necessary to avoid prosecution. The people using the word "paranoid" are the super-geeks who think they know every way around computers and the RIAA. And I hope they're right. Because if they're not, they'll get to be real "paranoid" in a little while.
    paranoia is awareness

but for most people out side of the US it's chill for now

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by shotglass
    Whatever that means ... OK.
    I meant your flamebait replies to metrostars. Is amnesia a regular problem for you? Or let me guess.. you cant remember

The "under your bridge" bit was a reference to you trolling, get it?

The "message-board sophistication" bit should make more sense to you now

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    killerc4
    haha that thread was great! Very soap operaish. There was the main conflict (riaa suing p2p users), and a bunch of side stories! Like the two posters that got into a net fight over spelling! that was great. Then to tie it all up we even questioned whether sharing music you own is legal or not. . Almost makes me wanna throw away my tv. Good god I need to get off the computer!

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Hey evrybdy im only 13 do u guyz think tey can hold anything against me they cant get money from me im only a kid what do u guyz think?*?*?*?*?

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    From what i have seen the Riaa hasnt sued a single user yet. They keep going after people that create systems to share files. Not the users them selfs. As long as you dont open up a web site with MP3 downloads on it. You will be fine.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    well i was thinkin if u get taken to court ask them this 1 question how did u no i had illegally downloaded music on my computer and they wud probably say that they found out by doin a scan on ur computer or sumthin that wud be invasion of privacy so thats a whole diff story

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast