Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What To Do If The Riaa Gets Sue Happy

DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tiba06@9 July 2003 - 18:21
    well i was thinkin if u get taken to court ask them this 1 question how did u no i had illegally downloaded music on my computer and they wud probably say that they found out by doin a scan on ur computer or sumthin that wud be invasion of privacy so thats a whole diff story
    no they would say they asked your ISP for a list and they would give the list to the judge to show him how much bandwidth you took up so they thought you were illegel uploading files.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    oscatank
    OK, can someone please tell the difference in downloading a mp3 and tapeing a regular TV show? Now befor everybody goes ape shit ,just listen ,let's say oooohh Madonna for instance, is going out shoping and is going to miss "Debbie Does The World" or whatever. Now she comes home and pops in the tape. Is there ANYBODY out there that thinks she is going to sit through the commercials?! Well wait a minute these commercials are what are paying for the show your watching right? Without the ads where would the networks get the money to put on the show you want to watch? In a world where even Grandma has 2 VCR's and alot of people have PVR's this seems to be the same problem. So why arn't the networks screaming up a storm about PVR's ? Seems like stealing to me, I think Madonna and Lars and every other rich rock star needs to take a good look at how much they have and leave us poor fucks alone, if I had an abundance of money i would just buy the damn CD. I know that it's not really the stars that are sueing us directly but they have been the voice from the begining. Oh well can't get blood from a turnip. let them sue, lets see they are fileing hundreds of suits, last i heard kazaa was the most downloaded program ever. Like 23 million times and thats just kazaa. I THINK I'M SAFE

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    I have to go wit u on that one oscatank

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234