Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What To Do If The Riaa Gets Sue Happy

Now, I might be called crazy, but I think this was a stroke of genius. I don't know about you, but I am watching my steps in the next few months, what with the RIAA's new authority to sue at will those of us who have copyrighted songs on our computers.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,90403,00.html

Now, i know as well as you do that internet sharing will never completely die, but if this goes down, there's going to be quite a lot of work that must happen in order for p2p to continue. I know I dont want to get sued by those white collar bastards, and I'm sure you don't either. But, if this does happen, I think that somehow, somebody should find a way to open CD rental stores. Why not? It's just like a video rental store. People can still (AND DO) pirate those. If they could open up nation-wide, the RIAA would shit themselves and lose even more money while they are at it. Just a thought i figured people should know. In theory, it works...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    why the hell does everyone talk about the riaa now the chances are that you are going to get cought by them are quite slim

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Oh i wont get caught. But what the hell are we going to do when over 50% of the P2P users sh!t themselves and delete their shareware? you know that most of the kazaa users are about as computer literate as a rock.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    they can do what the hell they want there the ones being paranoid and deleating there files and then if they havent backed thm up then what a pitty cuz they will have to get them all again.
    And why is everybody acting like a bunch of scared girlies because likei said the chances of them getting you are quite slim.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I would like 2 know how RIAA plan 2 get money from us ---

Because we r all average people i Doubt their r any Millionaires amoungst us... take me for example i don't have much so if i get get caught and the RIAA plan to sue me - how r they going 2 get money from me i don't have any thing to pay them with -- what r they going 2 do take my wages -- I will just quit work and live of the state then how do they plan to get money from me - they can't that's how...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i really don't get this. when u usually buy a cd , theres 1 or 2 good songs on there. so why waste your money? thats why p2p was born and the RIAA is trying to take that away form us

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by MetroStars@2 July 2003 - 15:28
    I would like 2 know how RIAA plan 2 get money from us ---

Because we r all average people i Doubt their r any Millionaires amoungst us... take me for example i don't have much so if i get get caught and the RIAA plan to sue me - how r they going 2 get money from me i don't have any thing to pay them with -- what r they going 2 do take my wages -- I will just quit work and live of the state then how do they plan to get money from me - they can't that's how...
    That is the sound of a 13-year-old digging his heels in the ground.

"Wahhhh...you sue me, I'll just sit here and not do anything. I'll teach YOU."

Geeeeeez.

Another thought...those of you who aren't concerned about the RIAA, clue everyone else in on what you know and we don't. And I don't mean stupid, mindless "We're Kazaa, we rule" stuff. I mean something constructive, some good reason why we would not be caught.

And you don't get this? You really don't think that the musicians have some sort of reason to be concerned that we upload all their music and they don't see one red cent from us? Well, you should at least be honest enough to understand there are two sides to the issue. If you can't do that...well, I just don't know. Then you would seem to just be seeing what you want to see.

Hey, I want to keep using Kazaa too. But I see a real and present danger here. Somebody tell me EXACTLY why I shouldn't. Better yet, somebody convince me that I shouldn't just leech, and you'd better give me a better answer than, "You're a #%^%$# if you do."

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    dude your pritty up tight i was just saying how i would protect myself if the RIAA caught me and decided 2 sue me...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Total_CDRW
    I've found the best thing in the world to solve this, it's called PGP Personal Edition, PGP Drive... I mount PGP encrypted "virtual drives" according to my Private Key and simple dismount them with a "single click" if somebody comes knocking, or the telephone rings i just click "UnMount All Drives" I may sound paranoid but at least i'm not worrying about 'them' anymore... i can keep my movies, and still share my movies, just toss those old CDRs and i'll be good... or mabe even wait for them to delaminate...

For $50 i paid for their Personal Edition (no i couldnt find a crack, nor do i want Cracked Encryption Software just something i wouldn't trust ever, and the fact that it has a online activation) which has PGP drive, their Free version doesnt, but the encryption is still neat, and the free version includes PGP Drive Wipe to shred all those old files you deleted but are still hiding on your drive.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Doesn't windows washer do the same thing?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast