Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upload speeds with Comcast

Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Need...FIOS......
    Need...FIOS......

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    ^ In a heartbeat if I could get it where I am. . .

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ^I 3rd that sentiment

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0ddha View Post
    It seems like getting a cheap seedbox is going to be the way to go. If you just download straight from the seedbox with ftp to your computer and do everything from your seedbox you'll be covered. If you have to pay out money for it then might as well shell out a few more dollars for the extra speed.

Been looking around at seedboxes and I think I came up with a way to do it for $20 a month. If you just get a cheap VPS from http://www.fdcservers.net/Services/V...SVDSPlans#s101 and limit your download speed to something around normal speeds for a good internet connection you get rid of the problem. Now the theory on this is NOT to be using this as a normal seedbox to seed a tb a month. Rather use the 600gb they give you by throttling your bandwidth throughout the month. Then you just ftp the files to your computer and avoid comcast BS. I don't know much about this stuff so I'm looking for some feedback. What's everyones opinion?
    1Mbit Connection = 300Gb/Month=125Kb MAX(ie xfer 500mb per hr)

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    signalearth's Avatar ~SurrenderToTheFlow~ BT Rep: +3
    i have the 8/768 package from comcast and i have never been able to sustain speed on uploads or downloads with the unlimited bw setting. If you set up utorrent like they tell you to you should be capping your upload @ 72 kB/s. If I have that enabled I get a continuous stream on both UL/DL. Im located in GA so this is east coast that we are talking about. uTorrent says that limiting your connection is very very important. So to all that run unlimited with a home connection, cap it, that should help more than anything. Let us know what happens.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I got a new modem and now i leave mine on unlimited and while it goes to 250kb(5mb) then down to 30kb then up to 250kb again i still average at about 60-70 vs 40(384) i pay for

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Well I haven't tried it, but this might be a solution to it:

http://redhatcat.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I use cox which is owned by comcast and i still get great upload and download speeds. i get around 1.5mb down and 300kps up.......

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by blEnder View Post

"Don't do this. When you DROP RST packets, that means that EVERY TCP connection hangs open until a very very long timeout, turning BitTorrent into a user-initiated DoS attack on your machine. Yeah, this _will_ stop Comcast's behavior, but you're screwed." -thecubic

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blEnder View Post

"Don't do this. When you DROP RST packets, that means that EVERY TCP connection hangs open until a very very long timeout, turning BitTorrent into a user-initiated DoS attack on your machine. Yeah, this _will_ stop Comcast's behavior, but you're screwed." -thecubic
    Can somene explain this a little bit more to me? How does this cause an attack on yourself?

By the way, I've just placed my FIOS order!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast