Thread: Adobe Premier 6.5

jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    i have a problem, when i capture a video from my camera and i want to edit it it plays just pictures it is that normal?

can someone tell me where can i find tutorials o tell me how to upload videos?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    not sure exactly what your problem is...

are you not getting any sound?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you need to be more specific.

you could try looking under the help menu

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    ok this is the problem, when i connect my camera to the computer it ask me if i

want to capture the video with adobre premier i click yes then i look at the video

and everything looks fine the video run at 30 or + but just with out capturing, then

i click capture movie and it began capturing when i stop it, and play what i have it

just show the video in pictures not video anymore for example a scene were me

dog is running away it the it does look the emotion the dog running it just show

like four pictures of all the scene. am i clear? is this difficult to understand?

anything would help. thanks

jonathan b.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster

hi there !
    this is a bit of a hard one to work out. when you capture, what format do you capture to ? mpeg 1 or 2 ? also, you need lots of RAM for good capture
    512 sd-ram is preferable . it sounds like you have more dropped frames
    than actual capture, which normally means a hardware problem.
    keep posting and we'll keep guessing or helping.
    regards
    m8t

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I don't know if this is the same as what your talking about - but when I first capture a bit the captured piece shows up in premiere's bin file - if I play this piece while the camcorder is still plugged into the computer then I will get a movie that just jumps from frame to frame (shows the major or key frames in the series) without the sound.

As soon as I unplug my camcorder the movie clip will play at normal speed with sound. I'm not sure why it should make a difference that the camcorder is still hooked up but it does ( at least thats how it works on mine) - so try unplugging the camcorder when your previewing you clip and let us know if this was what was causing you grief.

Gad