Thread: Movie Edit Program? Or Compressor?

im trying to fit a movie on a cd and i wanna cut out the credits at the end.. how can i do that?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    What format is the movie in? Mpeg, Divx, etc?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    dvix.. or divx. i forget what its called . but yea. thanx

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by fishh@3 July 2003 - 03:14
    dvix.. or divx. i forget what its called . but yea. thanx
    ok, find out the time code of the start of the credits in the film
    for example, if the credits start after 1 hour 30 mins then you need to write this down.
    then open the avi in bs player or g spot and write down the framerate of the video (e.g. 25fps or 29.97fps).
    now, multiply the number of frames per second by the number of seconds of film after which you want to cut it.

for example, if you wanted to cut after 90 mins on an avi which was 25 fps, then you'd cut after frame 135000.

now, write down this frame number you need and open the avi into virtualdub. press file>save segmented avi, then check the box saying "limit number of frames per segment to" and enter the frame number in the box there.
    then just press ok and it should do it's thing

of course, alternatively, just click on the size box in save as segmented avi and change the value to the size of your discs

p.s. remember to set the video codec to use in the video>compresion menu

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    that's doing it the sucker way.. there's a much easier way. Download "Easy Video Splitter" .. it works wonders once you know how to use it.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by caffeineaddict@3 July 2003 - 14:38
    that's doing it the sucker way.. there's a much easier way. Download "Easy Video Splitter" .. it works wonders once you know how to use it.
    it may take a little bit of time, but it works

and that's all that matters really...