Thread: What Is The Best Music Creator?

pilot4ever
    I would like to start making my own songs (techno/dance/house)

What would you recomend me using?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ex-member
    Try a 'tracker' program. Fruityloops is a good one AFAIK.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    pilot4ever
    I have Fruity Loops... but it isn't that great.

Are there any programs made especially for Techno?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i think ejay made a variety of programs for different music genres

u can try ACID also quite good

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ok here goes.

If you are trying to make techno by arranging an assortment of loops and samples
    then then something like Acid or Ableton live are your best bet. These will take a drum or bass loop (or any sample for that matter) and automatically timestretch it to fit to the same tempo.

If you want to have more control and use smaller snippets of sound and add your own synthesized sounds then you need an audio sequencer. The best packages are Cubase SX/Vst, Logic Audio (although this has recently been discontinued for PC), Sonar. These will allow you to import samples edit audio, use plug in sythesizers, drum machines, samplers etc. They are what the majority of pro's use.

Finally there are packages like Propellor Heads Reason and Project 5 which are like self contained mini studios. These are arguably not as powerful as Cubase or Logic etc but as with every piece of software there are people that can make crap with Cubase and people that can make a masterpiece with Reason.

If you already have the lastest Fruity Loops which is now called FL Studio and you don't think it's that good either keep practising or give up as it is a pretty powerful piece of software in the right hands.

Hope that helps

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    pilot4ever
    337... Great Info... just what I needed

The only reason I dont like FL studio is because there are too many options

I downloaded Ejay and really like that beacuse the sounds come already made and all you have to do it put it together depending on how you want it to sound.

I downloaded the first version on Ejay... the special edition one....

Does anyone know where I can find a newer version of Ejay that is NOT A DEMO?

Every edition i find (other than the first one) is a demo and its really starting to piss me off

Thanks!