Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reason Why Riaa Topic Is Stupid (all Read)

Ok this riaa thing is stupid!

#1. THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD DOWNLOADING MP3's. THE CHANCES OF YOU BEIN ONE THEY FIND ARE VERY SLIM. THEY MAY FIND SOMEONE WHO DOWNLOADS 500 SONGS A DAY OR SOMETIN. BUT SERIOUSLY THEY CANT TRACK DOWN AND FINE EVERY PERSON IN THE WORLD. WHAT THEY WOULD DO IS ORDER THE KAZAA SITE TO BE SHUT DOWN FOR NO MORE DOWNLOADS.

#2. If your all talking about being hacked by RIAA. SIMPLE SOLUTION.

DOWNLOAD A FIREWALL! DUH!

Ok this thing RIAA THING IS STUPID. If you agree to my post above reply if you dont agree reply. I wanna here your thoughts.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Firewalls don't help that much, only against the average script kiddy. If you have a firewall and if the RIAA really wanted to get into your computer they could if your still connected to the net.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    The whole thing about them "hacking" into your computer is that they would actually HACK into it. If you did not have a firewall, or any protection, it really couldnt be considered hacking. They would not stop because they noticed you were running a firewall. And as to who they find, how would they go about proving you downloaded the files they found. You could have bought the cd, made a copy to your computer in mp3 format. If you own an original copy, i believe it is completely legal to own a back up copy (in any format) of that material.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by cRuLo@3 July 2003 - 09:56
    The whole thing about them "hacking" into your computer is that they would actually HACK into it. If you did not have a firewall, or any protection, it really couldnt be considered hacking. They would not stop because they noticed you were running a firewall. And as to who they find, how would they go about proving you downloaded the files they found. You could have bought the cd, made a copy to your computer in mp3 format. If you own an original copy, i believe it is completely legal to own a back up copy (in any format) of that material.
    it's legal to own one copy as a backup as long as both the original and backup aren't in use at the same time. however, it's against the law to share any copyrighted material, which is what you would be doing if you were sharing ripped cd's

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Cole@3 July 2003 - 06:44
    Ok this riaa thing is stupid!

#1. THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD DOWNLOADING MP3's. THE CHANCES OF YOU BEIN ONE THEY FIND ARE VERY SLIM. THEY MAY FIND SOMEONE WHO DOWNLOADS 500 SONGS A DAY OR SOMETIN. BUT SERIOUSLY THEY CANT TRACK DOWN AND FINE EVERY PERSON IN THE WORLD. WHAT THEY WOULD DO IS ORDER THE KAZAA SITE TO BE SHUT DOWN FOR NO MORE DOWNLOADS.

#2. If your all talking about being hacked by RIAA. SIMPLE SOLUTION.

DOWNLOAD A FIREWALL! DUH!

Ok this thing RIAA THING IS STUPID. If you agree to my post above reply if you dont agree reply. I wanna here your thoughts.
    I agree with you chances of getting caught are slim and it would cost them way too much to take everyone to court but a firewall will not save you from a good hacker when you connected to kazza you have give them a way in straight away.

And secound they cant ever close kazaa down as it has no servers the only way to do it would be to hack everyones system and delete the program but am sure most of us have a back up on disc and theres still plenty of sites to down load it again from

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    nyer82's Avatar Member
    People remember this. The most skilled hackers in the world are NOT working for the RIAA. The RIAA stands for every principle that they are against. If the RIAA even attempts to try something like this, they will of course fail because they do not have the brightest brains in the "hacking business".

However, even if they DO fail. The real hackers, the ones who despise the RIAA, will see this as the perfect opportunity to exact quick and just revenge on this association of assholes. I, myself, am not one of those computer hacker types, but I do know that most of these hacker people will NOT be working for the RIAA.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    As far as I know, the RIAA is NOT hacking into people's computers.

They are just gathering information which we are freely giving out (to any Kazaa program that connects to our computers).

Any firewall that would block them by behavior would almost certainly block Kazaa as well, because they are USING your Kazaa program to see what you are doing.

The only thing that has any hope of blocking them is an ip block list that catches the ip blocks they're using. Peer Guardian is an example of this, but it's got serious flaws with the current block lists -- they block many harmless things and probably other ordinary Kazaa users.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by nyer82@5 July 2003 - 16:26
    People remember this. The most skilled hackers in the world are NOT working for the RIAA. The RIAA stands for every principle that they are against. If the RIAA even attempts to try something like this, they will of course fail because they do not have the brightest brains in the "hacking business".

However, even if they DO fail. The real hackers, the ones who despise the RIAA, will see this as the perfect opportunity to exact quick and just revenge on this association of assholes. I, myself, am not one of those computer hacker types, but I do know that most of these hacker people will NOT be working for the RIAA.
    how can you be so sure that these master hackers aren't working for riaa?

if they are offered enough money, i think they may take action/give advice to the riaa.

after all principles can be bought in some cases

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Do these "master hackers" even exist? Or are they a phantom enemy like Al-Queda. They are just there to scare people but don't really exist and if they do exist they cant do the damage that the media keeps telling us.

Or do they exist but we never hear about them because they are never caught?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by cRuLo@3 July 2003 - 08:56
    If you own an original copy, i believe it is completely legal to own a back up copy (in any format) of that material.
    According to the RIAA you cant even make mix cds of songs you already own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast