Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the best downloading app., Newzbin or Grabit?

newsleecher is an absolute god send for me

easy to configure, it can repair and extract the supersearch is second to none

brilliant app

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I would like something that have search function for free. I tried Alt.binz, but didnt really like the search system..

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    What's wrong with alt.binz' internal search system? It does provide you with several news indexing sites and lets you search on your newsserver directly too (which admittedly takes some time).

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    lets you search on your newsserver directly too (which admittedly takes some time).
    Is that Xpat search?

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Yes. First you mark the group and then you can start the search. It's a good idea to start with filenames or parts of it and it shows you before your download if parts are missing on your server.

I hardly ever use that feature though because I haven't had problems with my downloads in forever and there's always the auto-par feature of alt.binz. Setup correctly, .par2 files are paused when an nzb is added (external or internal) and only downloaded if the additional parts are needed.

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Newsbin Pro is the best application for usenet by far. Newsleecher is a very close second. I say that due to the licensing issue with Newsleecher. I want to pay a one time fee for an application. Supersearch is the only thing Newsleecher has over Newsbin, and I would use nzb search engines or indexing sites anyway.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    Alt.Binz search system is adequate for my purposes. I am looking for something that is as user friendly as possible without me having to go to a dozen nzb search sites.

I usually use binsearch or NZBindex (within Alt.Binz) and type away the keywords like : lord rings. I customized it to reflect 250 results per page and 99 days (my ISP gives about 100+ days of binary retention).

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    I'v just purchased Newsleecher for 3$. Their SuperSearch Service is what i was looking for really

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    FoneFreak
    newsleecher all day long!!

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    SABnzbd on my 3,5TB fedora sever does it for me. I love the web based interface. I can start downloads from work etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast