Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too Many Avi's Not Enough Mpg's

I only use SVCD for movies. Not enough DVD players are mpeg4 (divx) compatible. Until the day they are, it's all about MPEG for me.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    well i always reencode neway. so avi is better cuz i make xVCD's for my dvd player so it fits on one 700 CD-R most of the time. saves me changing discs half way thru the movie and i dnt really notice much quality loss wen watchin on tv. xcept sumtimes wen i encode with XviD it does tend to stutter on PC

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    avi's are alot better.
    the compression they use is second to none at the moment and the fact most people can only play them on their pc means you get plenty of sources on kazaa since they are not just burned to cd then deleted off your pc.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Quote: (jetje) not as sharp as avi files.

I just said all my .mpg are dvd quality some look way better than the .avi

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I just said all my .mpg are dvd quality some look way better than the .avi
    make a avi that is the same size as your mpeg then you can compair quality

i wonder what would look better.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    make a avi that is the same size as your mpeg then you can compair quality 

i wonder what would look better.
    lol

I checked out that link I think I may be getting one. Any one have any links to a reputable seller and one that is in US dollors?! Also wanted to ask. jetje do you think the avi's or mpgs look better on the tv or are they about the same?

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Keep the avi's coming much better

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Jetje color of a mpg/vcd has nothing to do with a comparison between avi, that is totally based on the source material.

And to the fact that avi is better... why is that the top release groups release mpgs/vcds instead of avi/divx encodes... gee i wonder... because overall the quality is better... with divx/xvid, sure it looks fine, but you also compress, and loose frames, encoding in that format...

mpgs are easier for transfer to to vcd, and thus easier to be played on dvd players. Bigger, yes, for the most part, but its also the full movie, with out compression, or data loss..

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    It is sort of a problem to encode avi's to mpegs, but I find that avi's are a lot better. The quality in the avi is great. Plus avi's can be compressed, so that they can keep their quality, but fit into a smaller size. If people care about playing their files on their TV, but don't want to lose quality while converting the files, why don't they just get a DVD burner? Though I have seen some high quality mpegs, those files were encoded by release groups, which make their files better in quality then somethign done by a person. And don't say that release groups release most of their files in avi. Many release groups release their things in mpeg also, like the people releasing screeners (ex. Centropy), or groups releasing music videos (ex. Videopimp), or some groups releasign TV episodes (ex. FTV).

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Go to bytemonsoon I uploaded cradle 2 the grave .mpg on there the other day now it looks just like a dvd, no quality loss, lost frames or all that other shit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast