Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Hijacking

Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+30 June 2003 - 19:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats &#064; 30 June 2003 - 19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Proper Bo@ I tell thee,30 June 2003 - 19:35

My rise to fame has begun....
    it will be meteoric to say the least, im sure.[/b][/quote]
    Read the ITJING, Li the clinging, fire.

quote: nine in the fourth place

Its coming is sudden,
    It flames up, dies down, is thrown away.

Clarity of mind has the same relation to life that fire has to wood. Fire clings to wood, but also consumes it. Clarity of mind is rooted in life but can also consume it. Everything depends upon how the clarity functions. Here the image used is that of a meteor or a straw fire. A man who is excitable and restless may rise quickly to prominence but produces no lasting effects. Thus matters end badly when a man spends himself too rapidly and consumes himself like meteor.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by denis123+30 June 2003 - 20:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (denis123 &#064; 30 June 2003 - 20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@30 June 2003 - 19:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-Proper Bo
    @ I tell thee,30 June 2003 - 19:35

My rise to fame has begun....

it will be meteoric to say the least, im sure.
    Read the ITJING, Li the clinging, fire.

quote: nine in the fourth place

Its coming is sudden,
    It flames up, dies down, is thrown away.

Clarity of mind has the same relation to life that fire has to wood. Fire clings to wood, but also consumes it. Clarity of mind is rooted in life but can also consume it. Everything depends upon how the clarity functions. Here the image used is that of a meteor or a straw fire. A man who is excitable and restless may rise quickly to prominence but produces no lasting effects. Thus matters end badly when a man spends himself too rapidly and consumes himself like meteor. [/b][/quote]
    so in other words dont take a meteoric rise to fame?

3. Lounge   -   #53
    The choice is always your own&#33; When I read your post it just reminded me of that line in the I Tjing......

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Originally posted by denis123@30 June 2003 - 20:32
    I Tjing......
    what is it? like a book of teachings or something?

5. Lounge   -   #55
    The Itjing is an old chinese orakel and is available in English. It is indeed a book of teachings.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Originally posted by denis123@30 June 2003 - 20:37
    The Itjing is an old chinese orakel and is available in English. It is indeed a book of teachings.
    Would it be able to teach me how not to hijack a thread?

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Originally posted by denis123@30 June 2003 - 20:37
    ... So i decided to ask the I tjing how it would describe this forum&#33;&#33; Its answer? number 48. The Well. Line 6 was the line that was highlighted.

One draws from the well
    Without hinderance
    It is dependable
    Supreme good fortune.

The well is there for all. No one is forbidden to take water from it. No matter how many come, all find what they need, for the well is dependable. It has a spring and never runs dry. Therfore it is a great blessing to the whole land. The same is true of the really great man, whose inner wealth is inexhaustable; the more people draw from him, the greater his wealth becomes.

I think that this is a fair description of this forum, don&#39;t you?

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Originally posted by denis123@30 June 2003 - 21:16
    One draws from the well
    Without hinderance
    not sure if i agree with this - some members find it very hard to find help sometimes.

if thats what this is implying.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@30 June 2003 - 19:33

the moment lilmiss steps in there its a goner.
    ...... ....... :&#39;(
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Originally posted by lilmiss+30 June 2003 - 21:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lilmiss @ 30 June 2003 - 21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazy_billy_bats@30 June 2003 - 19:33

the moment lilmiss steps in there its a goner.
    ...... ....... :&#39;( [/b][/quote]
    tee hee hee

you know me was kiddin - i know im the king of hijacking....guilty as charged - string me up if you so wish........

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast