Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Hijacking

Ex-member
    Why is it that every time I look at the 3rd or 4th page of a topic, it has transformend into yet another lengthy converstation between Celebs, Crazy Billy, and Lilmiss?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    That will be because Penguns can do maths!

Or because life is one long conversation between Celebs, Crazy Billy, and Lilmiss!

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Since when did a thread start and finish with the original topic ?

Its like chinese whispers lol

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    cos no one else will talk to us.

can we have a special corner?
    can we pwease? (wee mouse, you can come too. )

/sorry lamsey.
    we do keep it the lounge.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

5. Lounge   -   #5
    They're not hijacking it, they're just broadening the scope of the topic.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Basically, for a lot of the threads, the lounge has become more like a chat room than a forum.

More often than not it's just people having a conversation than actually talking about the reason someone started the thread in the first place.

I have to agree it is the usual suspect tho'. Please don't take this the wrong way chaps, but as soon as I see 3 or 4 replies from the people you named (plus Bo and a couple of others) I think, that's another thread gone, I'll catch the next interesting one that comes along.

Like my learned friend said, it is the lounge so spamming really isn't an issue, however it appears that just about every thread is hijacked now. Serious question, why don't you just use the chat if that's what you want to do.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    generally the section at the top is reserved for serious chats isn't it? i do answer honestly and as much on topic as possible, but when the topic is fun, its gonna get "hi-jacked". i mean how far can you take a subect like fugleys baby, without spam?
    ok, oilbombs thread was stupidily taken off track, but i think he just wanted a rant n rave. i apologize if i have offended anyone by taking their topic astray, and i also bang my head off the wall for good measure.

my typings not quick enough to go in chat, and they are scary in there. pwease dont make me go, jp, pwease?
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

8. Lounge   -   #8
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    OK I can see the point re. hijacking and it is possibly a valid one, however a lot (if not all) of the threads that are &#39;hijacked&#39; have often died a death and if the group (which is not just the few named) can continue it and keep it alive then fair play to them.

They all add a great deal of input to the lounge and keep it going. There posts are never flames(well occasionally to each other ) and are often humerous and fun and do attract the interest of other users. If as JP said you can&#39;t be bothered reading them then do as he does and go to the next one, no-one is forced to read anything. I am fairly new to this place and I do try(although not always very succesfully) and lend a hand to other users in the &#39;problem&#39; type pages but occasionally I like to take a break and I always look to the lounge for a bit of fun and a laugh which can normally be found and very often it is one of the group that you talk about who are causing it.

As I said none of them appear to cause anyone any problems, never play around in any of the more serious areas of the board, put a lot of time and input into here and give others a laugh so if the cost of this is a few hijacked topics then it&#39;s a pretty small price to pay IMHO.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    i told them to.

(but don&#39;t tell anyone)

10. Lounge   -   #10
    A Good Topic Lamsey, To which i totally agree.
    Sorry Lamsey and especially to Olibomb and his thread.
    As Jonno said to olibomb he is silly to leave this forum, I say we all sometimes have problems and it tends to rub off on the forum.
    We shall keep to the topic in future, There is a lot going on at the moment as our friend Billy bats is leaving.
    So i think this may have caused a slip.
    I am not, Or i am trying to keep to this topic, But the loss of so many good people on this board has been great just of late.
    I am finding also that a lot of threads are at a standstill, I myself have gone into theese threads and kicked them off again.
    I am in the Lounge, "Not to take things to seriously" But to post and be active.
    I think it&#39;s sad to see some posts die like they do, I think that sometimes it good to change the subject for a brief time to bring life back into that thread.
    I hate chat rooms, as they have no life or meaning, I love to post the occasional picture as to me thats an expression of my feelings, That you cannot do on a chat room.
    This forum i find very enjoyable, And my time here has been good, I hope that i have put in my effort and others have enjoyed my post as well as Jonno&#39;s.
    Thank you Lamsey and Members
    Barry CELEBS_ARE_US
    :beerchug:
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast