Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to give and take invites

limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Let me just say, the first rule of giving away invites is to people you know well. But if you still insist on giving invites to unknown people then a few important things need to be mentioned.

Here's some info I think should be mention for all Giveaway threads:

When posting ratio screens make sure you hide essential information like "Join Date", your "daily transfer rates" along with a part of your Total Transfers. And obviously your username. But make sure today's date is clearly visible on the the screenshot. An ideal screenshot would look like the one below:

http://image.bayimg.com/lafckaabn.jpg

Notice how I make it a point to include a part of the banner to show that the screenshot's from "Bitsoup". I have also removed the Username, Join Date, and Part of Transfers, i.e. the Uploaded and Downloaded amounts.
    Also:
    When an Inviter tells you to send your email for an invite make sure the email isnt related in anyway to your FST account, and accounts on any other forums of the kind. For example it shouldnt be mentioned in you FST profile and it shouldnt have your FST username in it. And when you sign-up make sure the username you use there isnt related in anyway to your FST username. This is to avoid any way of tracing the invites back to the inviter.
    Some advice for all inviters: Do a thorough background check on all your invitees before sending them an invite. Recently I realised how easy it is to fake Screenies so when a member interests you and you see s/he has good stats on some tracker ask them the username and check for your self. I do realise trust is a difficult thing to come by nowadays and I request participants of all giveaways to not be offended when the thread maker asks you your username on some tracker.
    But participants of Giveaway threads should be careful of one thing. Never just hand over your username to a completely new user on this forum who has created a giveaway thread. It's possible that a new user who has created an invite thread would just be a spy.

And another thing. DOWN WITH TRADING!!!
    Last edited by limpdickkid; 12-25-2007 at 08:06 AM.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    S.L.B's Avatar Cona Lover BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    if you show a print in public like the one you showed in you example.
    Spy's gonna catch you and you'll get your account disabled.
    Dont post screenies with so many info like user status , full upload amount. IMO just the date and the First digit of ratio should be shown.

I learned it the hard way

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.B View Post
    Dont post screenies with so many info like user status , full upload amount. IMO just the date and the First digit of ratio should be shown.

I dunno man. I think the screenie I showed is quite safe. But if anyone else thinks its not please mention why. And if you have any tips to add please dont hesitate as this thread is made to help everyone and any criticism, related to this topic, would be constructive criticism.
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    S.L.B's Avatar Cona Lover BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by limpdickkid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.B View Post

I dunno man. I think the screenie I showed is quite safe. But if anyone else thinks its not please mention why. And if you have any tips to add please dont hesitate as this thread is made to help everyone and any criticism, related to this topic, would be constructive criticism.
    userclass+ratio+upload=username

If they want to, they catch you. You have to take care with spy's specially here at FST. there are too many spy's here, most of them from high level trackers.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    good job and good advise, I'm never quite sure what I need to blank out in ratios
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    I think this is a good basic guide on what Giveaway makers and participants need to be careful about. After this its up to you. This is the minimum care both sides would need to take.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPistola's Sig
    No Soup for You

Seinfeld RULES!! (I hope thats what you were talking about )
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    I felt I should bump this up a bit seeing as there are a few giveaways running.
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    gnlstryker's Avatar AUDACiTY BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Gee Thanks for this information....

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlstryker View Post
    Gee Thanks for this information....
    No problem, I'm here to help.
    And...Bump is the word. More giveaways means more people getting in trouble. Read this and you may just avoid some ditches.
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Nice guide! (and a free bump)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast