Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is The All Time Best Software Out There?

MS Paint.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by TClite@4 July 2003 - 18:35
    you said irc, i also had that in my reply, newsgroups well no, because most isps block popular binary groups whats more to get the most out of the usenet protocol you need to fork over some cash, for the likes of news miner, similarly i use and have my own ftp (with dns resolver) and implied that too, http obviously! but servers dont have the capacity for thousands of 700mb files, store....well, just no
    You did mention IRC, may bad, but where did you get your files before the likes of Napster? Simple: warez sites. Granted, you couldn't find too many movies, but game rips were all over the place.

As for newsgroups... don't tell me you use just the newsgroup your ISP offers you. There are quite a number of non-ISP newsgroup servers out there.

So, contrary to what you implied in your original post, file sharing applications were not the only way of retrieving anything from other users; they just made it easier.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Nero Burner (whatever the current version is at that time) No PC should be without it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Mercurius@4 July 2003 - 14:30
    MS Paint.
    notepad better

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Wolfmight+6 July 2003 - 00:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wolfmight @ 6 July 2003 - 00:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mercurius@4 July 2003 - 14:30
    MS Paint.
    notepad better [/b][/quote]
    1 huge warehouse of vaccums making a 1byte computer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12