Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Hell are Ebooks so appealing!?

wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    It depends on the book, if its just black and white with a bad font, then its very annoying/hard to read. It depends on the presentation of the ebook. Although, I would rather have something to hold. Even books have glare

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Sony Reader FTW

3. Lounge   -   #33
    wmrawls's Avatar Member
    Sony 505 I have had as many as 2100 e-books on it. Currently carry about 500. Very long battery life, easy on the eyes, when I travel internationally finding something to read in English can be problematic and I am a voracious reader. A wealth of free or almost free e-books in various formats are available on the net....well worth the initial investment. IMHO....

4. Lounge   -   #34
    I guess because theyre mostly free

5. Lounge   -   #35
    I like E-books because I read so damn fast and go through so many books that I ended up having to throw them away when i was done and I was spending a fortune on them.

I load them up on my PDA phone and read them that way. It's not the same experience as a real book, but it gets the job done. Plus it's self lighting so I can read in bed etc with no light.

Quote Originally Posted by DyNast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mera View Post
    Portable & they take up less space
    Books are much more "portabe" in that case
    You can take a book everywhere (most of the times, anyway) but you can't take your PC anywhere
    That's assuming you are using a laptop. My PDA phone is more portable than a book and I've usually got several Ebooks on it.
    Last edited by Darth_Duane; 03-09-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Lounge   -   #36
    I don't think I'll ever be able to read an e-book all the way. The main reason is because they're free, most of them. A college textbook costs at least $150 now depending on the class. If it's an English class about $50 total. If it's econ, math, chem, etc be prepared to pay $150+ per book. But to each his own.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Dizzyboydizzy

Have none of yous never heard of teh Amazon Kindle?? it's the freakin' ipod of ebooks!!!

Kindle 2 just came out! DEFinitely gettin one!

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I never knew of the Sony Reader. I'll have to look into it. Read books or comics on the computer just sucks, I do it anyways though. But that pic of that Sony Reader posted a couple pages back looks great.

Actually that Amazon Kindle looks bad ass. A little pricey though.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 03-11-2009 at 10:31 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    UnGodly's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Ebooks are not a replacement for real books and never will be

10. Lounge   -   #40
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    WildEyes on iPhone FTW

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast