Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Why the Hell are Ebooks so appealing!?

Poster
    I do agree about the tactile appeal of a book.. the love of a favourite old, weathered, dog earred timeless book, the smell as you turn the pages. You're right. there is that.

My kids school have just given us their book list for the year year next year in 2012. No.1 item is an Ipad 2 to be purchased through the school (ha). An electronic copy of their text books will then be provided to the students at a reduced fee. He's 13.

Oh how times change.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    I don't like ebooks but if it's the only way to get the book, fine I'll read it like that.

3. Lounge   -   #83
    You have access to a much larger array of books online and mainly because they're free.

4. Lounge   -   #84
    n00b
    My eyes hurt when I focus to much so I would rather print it out and read it @my bed.

5. Lounge   -   #85
    While I love the fee, touch, and smell of some physical copies of books, ever since I got an e-reader, I've fallen out of love with physical print.

6. Lounge   -   #86
    I like to read and I really do like books. But I would like to try an ebook reader because I imagine that they would be convenient, I could just download any book I wanted any time I wanted it which is easier and cheaper than going to a bookshop or a library. Also I only read things once and my bookcase is full. But they still cost too much for me.

7. Lounge   -   #87
    As a physics student, my reading mostly concerns Physics and Math. The ebook format is great in the way that the books become searchable. Instead of having to browse through the book page by page analysing each page for a specific term, I can simply search it out. Another GREAT advantage is that I only need my iPad, no more carrying 3kg of books+laptop in a shoulder bag leaving my entire body skew for the rest of the day.

8. Lounge   -   #88
    yeah not a huge fan of ebooks but they are just soo much more easier to handle so use them on my ipad from time to time... but stuff that i have to read seriously(college related) tend to use hard copies

9. Lounge   -   #89
    Kindle...graphite screen. They are awesome.

10. Lounge   -   #90
    you can carry them anywhere. they are compact. you dont have to bother about the papers getting soiled

they are as new as ever
    Last edited by celina915; 04-04-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789