Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Sound, Screeching Songs...et Cetera

im not sure if this is at all relevant to this topic but last week i downloaded a evanescence tune and the first 10 seconds are perfect

then it goes mad wiv some phone dial up thing in the track proper loud

argh the noise of dial up is annoying god bless cable modem

2. Music   -   #22
    ya thats the noise. good description have u got anymore recently? most of the new song i try do the same. damn the riaa they got to be behind this one. more and more people will be writing in this forum i bet. as soon as they get a few of these. k- lite people out there is this a problem for a few or do we all have it ?? Lumidee - Never Leave You (Uh Oh).mp3 4,105 just one of the song i cant get. can anyone tell me if they can download it with no problems?

3. Music   -   #23
    does this happen on kazza too or it just kazza lite? dont use kazza and im tempted to install just to see but dont want all the junk that comes with it. winmx seems to work tho still no probs there. if anyone is using the real kazza and getting this i would like to know.

4. Music   -   #24
    I figured it out.

After doing a search. Check the filename. If it has a number in ( ) then it is bad.

For example:

(722) Lumidee feat. 50 cent - This would be bad

Just don't download the ones with the numbers in ( ) at the beginning of the filename

5. Music   -   #25
    yes the numbered ones dont work but this has only happened to me in the last few days. i never had this prolem before and plus the file size mismatch whats happening there? i think this problem will get worse as time goes on. and still has anyone had this problem on the regular kazza? or is it only a kazza lite problem? if this continues there wont be any good songs out there in a months time. and buying a cd for 15 bucks to get one or two good songs really sucks. its better to get a preview and get the cds that are worth there money.

6. Music   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by peeweefresno@7 July 2003 - 05:03
    and still has anyone had this problem on the regular kazza? or is it only a kazza lite problem?
    Kazaa and Kazaa Lite use the same P2P network, FastTrack. So if there's fakes on Kazaa there is fakes on Kazaa Lite since they both download from the same network. Get It?

7. Music   -   #27
    i got it but i thought maybe it was the way kazza lite finds songs in the search. like i said the file sizes dont match so they shouldnt be under the same file with the plus sign. just a thought but i think the file size mix up is the problem? again no techie but it makes sense to me.

8. Music   -   #28
    1. Its not a virus, viruses cannot be stored in MP3 Files
    2. It has nothing to do with kazaa or kazaa lite, both are on the same peer network

They probably just ripped it from a protected cd and people failed to listen to the entire song and those that are downloading it, fail to delete the corrupted song.

After all: "We expect volume shipments of protected CDs to ship commercially in the U.S. as early as the May-June time frame using the SunnComm solution," Auty wrote. [ http://news.com.com/2100-1027-994565.html ]

Also: "Songs on a MediaMax CD-3 can be uploaded only three times, and software built into the disc prevents listeners from copying or sharing the music."
    [ http://news.com.com/2100-1027-1022369.html ]

...maybe thats where those strange (405) numbers are coming from too?

Hell, maybe its somethin else, like the RIAA.. Boo!

9. Music   -   #29
    Gonzo42005
    i think that cable modems use the sounds like on a dial-up too. If you have ever tried listening to a data cd you get the same thing. i have noticed this has happened when i download a song at a very high speed. when i download it at a slow speed (by using only one source) it dosent do this. i think it is a malfunction somewhere between the cable modem and kazaa where its recording the data sound some how.

10. Music   -   #30
    JapVTEC
    Originally posted by Mofo@7 July 2003 - 01:44
    I figured it out.

After doing a search. Check the filename. If it has a number in ( ) then it is bad.

For example:

(722) Lumidee feat. 50 cent - This would be bad

Just don't download the ones with the numbers in ( ) at the beginning of the filename
    Yeah that seems to work for me. Noticed that thing with the diff file sizes too. Been tryin to d/l Lil'Mp 21 Answers but it always had that weird noise. Fine now.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast