Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Sound, Screeching Songs...et Cetera

bumpin this post because it seems more and more people are starting to get this.hopefully somone from kazzalite will see and tell us what the problem is. still think its the mismatch file sizes under the + sign in the search window. cant kazzalite fix this by making sure they all have the same file size????then maybe wwe can filter these bad files out

2. Music   -   #32
    I've also been having another problem that started the same time as the messed up songs. Occasionaly when I'm listening to a newly d/l Mp3 that does work, it will be playing fine, and then it makes that sound for like 3 seconds, and my comp. shuts off. I restart, play the song, no problem. A bit later, on another NEW song, same thing. (Just happened to me with Jay-z ft. Pharell - Excuse Me Ms.). Anyone else experience this, or is this just something completely un-related?

3. Music   -   #33
    Originally posted by kayosdrone@8 July 2003 - 04:37
    They probably just ripped it from a protected cd and people failed to listen to the entire song and those that are downloading it, fail to delete the corrupted song.

After all: "We expect volume shipments of protected CDs to ship commercially in the U.S. as early as the May-June time frame using the SunnComm solution," Auty wrote. [ http://news.com.com/2100-1027-994565.html ]

Also: "Songs on a MediaMax CD-3 can be uploaded only three times, and software built into the disc prevents listeners from copying or sharing the music."
    [ http://news.com.com/2100-1027-1022369.html ]
    Interesting reading, looks like their up to date. although we can always record it via analog from a cd in to the input jack and then share it I guess.

At least untill someone writes a hack program to allow ripping of the copy protected CD's, since it appears to be software that is on the CD's itself that causes all this.

I must admit this is a good move on their part, and if you were them, you'de do the same. Though I wouldn't expect it to be to long before a work around shows up. Possibly a simlpe software that records instead of ripping, though it may drop the quality a tad.

4. Music   -   #34
    silentsoul58
    it seems like all the files that make that screeching file everyone is talking about, swimgrl777 is on it. check EVERY lumidee song, swimgrl777 is on it. i dont know if this is the problem but ive checked different songs and they all have this user!!!!!!!!! and they dont work!!!!

5. Music   -   #35
    Same thing with me when I downloaded a song by Mya.

6. Music   -   #36
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    As i thought they are using 2nd session recording techniques.

Normal cd players ignore the data track, like Muserigen of Symmetry, that had flash stuff etc on the 1st data track. play it in a normal cd player and it ignores that track. but shove it into a pc and it plays the track and ignores the audio.

A program called cloneCD can bypass this since u can vote to ignore the 1st data/session track. i made a perfect 1:1 audio copy of the muse cd - the flash stuff at the front.

If thats what they are doing, but instead putting very poor quality mp3's onto the disc instead. tho i read there that they are working with m$ to make it so u cant copy it more than 3 times. answer just use another OS simple rip it then dump it.

Xan

7. Music   -   #37
    I hope i'm not making a mistake here but doesn't KaZaA search for files based
    not on their names or sizes but the UUHash code attached to it?

I say this because verified downloads sites operate on the principle of checking
    a particular copy of a file (the verification) and posting the UUHash code for your
    P2P prog to hunt for. If I download a file with code 'x' and then change the
    filename and/or it's contents, would the resulting file maintain the same UUHash
    and begin contaminating the P2P network when it searches?

To simplify...

The RIAA search the network for the best quality copy of, say, a 50Cent track.
    They download it, f**k it up and resend it, anonymously, through various sources.
    People then searching for this actual file may get, say, 10 sources...
    seven original good ones, three corrupted RIAA propagated ones...

Is this feasible? :">

8. Music   -   #38
    NO, once the file is changed, the hash is changed as well, The idea here is the original file is corrupted from the original CD, which has data on it to prevent it from being ripped, though the go around may be simple. Although, since this is new, alot of these will float around untill people relize they are sharing garbage, and firgure out the go around.

9. Music   -   #39
    Just so you guys know, Kazaa isnt the only file-sharing service being affected by this problem. IMESH also is having the same problem with the scratching noise. I've downloaded at least over 40 David Banner - Like a Pimp songs and I've really only found one decent one that has like 4 seconds of scratching. The guy who says that only the files with parenthesis and numbers are bad is wrong because...well after 40 versions of the same song but different file name you really dont notice a pattern. I would say it is the RIAA trying to crack down on piracy (Did you guys hear about some guy wanting to charge $1500 for every downloaded file???) and obviously theyre doing a good job because its affecting everyone. Its BS and I'm almost tempted to just go and buy the David Banner cd...but I cant, because thats what they want...its the reason theyre doing this in the first place. Anyways they can kiss my ass because I know one of you hackers will find a way around this crap and help us all!!! ....I hope

10. Music   -   #40
    Originally posted by Muffkatty@14 July 2003 - 09:09
    Just so you guys know, Kazaa isnt the only file-sharing service being affected by this problem. IMESH also is having the same problem with the scratching noise.
    Well, if I am not mistaken they are both a part of the Fast Track Network, hence same files and users.

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast