Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Sound, Screeching Songs...et Cetera

Poster
    50 Cent Album tracks are mostly screwed as well.

Still cannot find clean version of P.I.M.P
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

2. Music   -   #502
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by OcramC@15 October 2003 - 15:38
    50 Cent Album tracks are mostly screwed as well.

Still cannot find clean version of P.I.M.P
    its not just 50 cent songs its a little of everything

3. Music   -   #503
    theNetRanger
    hi guys,
    YES! i have the same stupid problem.
    i dont think it is a virus or a problem with my browser, my friends got that problem too

if u ask me, some guys try to DESTROY the kazaa network. they take the original song and add this horrible $%&"! shit.

well, i agree to pay a bit money for the album of my favourite band.

hmmm...
    i think the problem is that we cant delete these stupid fake files...
    if there would be only one server, we wouldnt have that problem

cYa

4. Music   -   #504
    empathydude
    So, I just wanna make sure I got this right...
    From what I've read on the numerous(omg so many) posts is that there are two plausable explanations.

(A)People are ripping copy protected music from protected CDs and sharing without checking the files.

This would make sense except
    1. I doubt many people would share the files without playing at least one of them.
    2. Identical files would not have the screech in different spots.
    3. The file size would remain the same when uploaded to different users.
    4. Older songs would not be affected, as older CDs shouldnt have copy protection.

(B)COrrupt mp3 files are being distributed due to a flaw in the hashing kpp uses to organize identical files.
    Ex.

This is a regular mp3 file:

|musicmusicmusicmusicmuisicmusic|
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Hashes

This is the same file corrupted

|mus-cmusi--usicm--i-mui---m-sic|
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

So the hashes remain unchanged but the song is totally screwed, but kpp thinks its the same file, so it uploads fractions of this song with the origional.

1. THis explains the different sizes. Since the screech is the same bit repeated, it can be compressed leading to a smaller file.
    2. a majority of people could upload the good song, only one source of the corrupted song could cause the part they uploaded to screech. Thats why some songs only have a little bit of screeching while others have full blown screech. or the screech could be in a different spot between two identical songs. This also explains how older songs would be affected, because age would not matter to kpp multiple user upload.
    3. it would only take three or four computers with a large bandwidth to get this started. Not nessecarily the RIAA, maybe just some trouble makers at school having fun. It doesnt take genius to corrupt an mp3, only a hex editor... But seeing as it is on a large scale, it seems that the attack is organized.

Wellz, thats my two cents, plz tell me if Im understanding. B)

5. Music   -   #505
    I've been downloading bowies reality album all bar two tracks are gene genie for about 1 min. This has got to be copyright issue but people should take their filles out of circulation. Any how the guy as ever has style for not just inserting noise.

6. Music   -   #506
    Poster
    i think i have figured it out....i had the same problem with every MP3, but i noticed that when i did download something it was really downloading quick (i have 56K, my normal speed is 3-4KBPS) at speeds 5-15KBPS...so i thought about it and i figured it out, its the kazaa lite accelerator doing this problem!! (the plus on the icon on the system tray&#33 so i disabled it, restarted kazaa lite and downloaded a MP3 that failed before at my normal speed!! and guess what it worked!!! i think this problem causes the accelerator to corrupt the incomming data causing the sounds!! so no RIAA, no copy protection, just a bug in kazaa lite.... have fun

7. Music   -   #507
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by Sh1t_H4pp3nz@16 October 2003 - 17:22
    i think i have figured it out....i had the same problem with every MP3, but i noticed that when i did download something it was really downloading quick (i have 56K, my normal speed is 3-4KBPS) at speeds 5-15KBPS...so i thought about it and i figured it out, its the kazaa lite accelerator doing this problem!! (the plus on the icon on the system tray&#33 so i disabled it, restarted kazaa lite and downloaded a MP3 that failed before at my normal speed!! and guess what it worked!!! i think this problem causes the accelerator to corrupt the incomming data causing the sounds!! so no RIAA, no copy protection, just a bug in kazaa lite.... have fun
    but they have come out and said that they are doing this

8. Music   -   #508
    Poster
    that is true but accually its not the RIAA, its just a bug...(i redownloaded the same MP3 from the same person that failed the 1st time and the 2nd time it worked&#33

9. Music   -   #509
    proskibum
    HI,
    after downloading specific MP3 files durring playback the song cuts out 1/4 through and is replaced by high piched squeels. It happens alot, not always. Is it a problem with alot of MP3 files or is there something else wrong?

thanks

10. Music   -   #510
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by Topic Title
    (might Be A Stupid Question)
    yes.
    it is.

Search

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 ... LastLast