Thread: ACDSee 9

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    This has bugged me for a long while.

The name ACDSee Photo Manager would imply that it's a manager of your photo collection.
    Fuck knows why the viewer insists on showing a little icon when it comes across an mp3 file, then.

I can prevent audio files appearing in the browser but there doesn't seem to be a way to stop the file viewer stalling for 5 seconds every time it sees an mp3.

Does anyone know how to stop the viewer doing this?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5
    Same problem here Chewie, even when i re-configured it NOT to browse any other files except the pictures extensions, it still insist to view more other multimedia files were it not supposed to view.

I guess they better rename it to ACD AllDamnFiles Manager
    Last edited by KSA; 09-01-2007 at 08:37 AM.
    FLiP all the way!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

I haven't used ACDSee since the late 90's, but I believe I had the same problem...

I think it has something to do with the plug-ins in ACDSee's Preference/Options...

Try unchecking the non-picture plug-ins.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

I haven't used ACDSee since the late 90's, but I believe I had the same problem..
    Same here
    I sincerely suggest you try http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
    free too

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Same here
    free too
    This viewer is 100% cool, but it have less features than ACD.
    FLiP all the way!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I think I'll give ACDSee support a few days to respond to my post in their forum before I start looking at alternatives.

Edit:
    Got a reply...
    in order to disable audio files in ACDSee, you have to go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > PLUGINS > PLUGIN SETTINGS. On the first tab, IMAGE DECODE, uncheck ID_MEDIA.APL
    Please note that you also disable all other media files, like avi or wmv by doing so.
    Works a charm.
    Last edited by Chewie; 09-01-2007 at 03:10 PM.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Great, it works for me
    FLiP all the way!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

I haven't used ACDSee since the late 90's, but I believe I had the same problem..
    Same here
    free too
    Faststone FTW

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    snap3r's Avatar ..::/\::.. BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i use ACDSEE 9 and ive set it only to open image files > its all in the configuration when you install the program > uncheck all media files and leave only pictures and problem solved > ohh and uncheck "check extensions at startup" or something like that > anyway all these setings have to be made when you install the program

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by snap3r View Post
    i use ACDSEE 9 and ive set it only to open image files > its all in the configuration when you install the program > uncheck all media files and leave only pictures and problem solved > ohh and uncheck "check extensions at startup" or something like that > anyway all these setings have to be made when you install the program
    That's how I install it.
    You're talking about ACDSee being associated with filetypes whereas I'm talking about flicking through a folder (that contains audio as well as image files) with the viewer, and the viewer stalling on every mp3 it sees.

Also, the solution appears several posts above.