Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scn

jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    th0r lol people post be4 reading the thread man these guys need slow down then post lmao
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny67
    i can assure you myself and the rest of the staff did not have anything to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka
    ....and all the info coming out from other sources does suggest that the only person involved in the IP impropriety was agent47.
    have you even been reading the thread roark?
    I have been reading the thread, did you read my post? Recap: I don't know why everyone is so busy distancing themselves from Agent47 now but on the day it was posted they were all laughing it up with him on the p2p-net IRC channel. I was idling there.

Edit: Just in case my point is not crystal clear already, even if they did not physically make the page, this is the first time they have said they had any problems with it. To me, it's too little, too late.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ghurka
    ....and all the info coming out from other sources does suggest that the only person involved in the IP impropriety was agent47.
    I have been reading the thread, did you read my post? Recap: I don't know why everyone is so busy distancing themselves from Agent47 now but on the day it was posted they were all laughing it up with him on the p2p-net IRC channel. I was idling there.

Edit: Just in case my point is not crystal clear already, even if they did not physically make the page, this is the first time they have said they had any problems with it. To me, it's too little, too late.
    Since you felt the need to include FTN I feel the need to correct you on an issue.

Silver is a very respected person who got a bad rep that some of you can't seem to let go of. Silver was the one who first contacted me about the IP issue and was actually very very upset about it.. I'd love to show you the PM, but I don't feel right sharing a "private" message with everyone on here (although there are SOME people who feel sharing PM's with others is funny and ok). In fact, there have been several times people have contacted Silver in hopes of getting info about ftn users and such and every single time I get an immediate PM from him telling me A: who it was B: what they wanted C: a screenshot of the conversation. The internet is full of manipulation and false information. I'm not afraid to put my reputation on the line and sit here and say that I respect and trust Silver.

Having said that, I believe you should realize that everyone makes mistakes during their lifetime. Not even you can say that you haven't gone down the wrong road at one point in time in your life and done things you now know were wrong. To this date, Silver is a good guy. Agent.. Well, I won't say he's a bad guy. I will say he made some really bad decisions, and that my own personal respect for him is at an all time low, but personally I can't classify him as a "bad person" just yet. The IP issue, and a lot of the other issues on scn were conducted by Agent on his own, most of the time without even confronting the other staff members. How do I know? I've become friends with a few former members and hear quite a bit about everyone's opinion on current events. I'll even go into more detail and tell you Silver stepped down as sysop there for this very reason.

It's not your fault you don't know every fact about what's going on, but please ask questions before making comments or accusations. This new site will not consist of Agent47, and I can personally say the other scn staff members were good poeple. Don't rag on them for one persons mistakes.

oh, and btw.. The channel isn't on p2p-irc
    Last edited by Brandon; 09-03-2007 at 02:18 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    The internet is full of manipulation and false information.
    True.
    Last edited by 0Ri0N; 09-03-2007 at 01:24 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    I don't know what to believe. Too much to digest.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    All other SCN staff members are guilty by association, especially long time staff members.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    maybe so, but they do not need to be held under the same light as that other staff member

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    You cannot judge the whole team by the actions of one Staff member. Especially if it was done behind their back, and they were none-aware of it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post

Since you felt the need to include FTN I feel the need to correct you on an issue.

Silver is a very respected person who got a bad rep that some of you can't seem to let go of. Silver was the one who first contacted me about the IP issue and was actually very very upset about it.. I'd love to show you the PM, but I don't feel right sharing a "private" message with everyone on here (although there are SOME people who feel sharing PM's with others is funny and ok). In fact, there have been several times people have contacted Silver in hopes of getting info about ftn users and such and every single time I get an immediate PM from him telling me A: who it was B: what they wanted C: a screenshot of the conversation. The internet is full of manipulation and false information. I'm not afraid to put my reputation on the line and sit here and say that I respect and trust Silver.

Having said that, I believe you should realize that everyone makes mistakes during their lifetime. Not even you can say that you haven't gone down the wrong road at one point in time in your life and done things you now know were wrong. To this date, Silver is a good guy. Agent.. Well, I won't say he's a bad guy. I will say he made some really bad decisions, and that my own personal respect for him is at an all time low, but personally I can't classify him as a "bad person" just yet. The IP issue, and a lot of the other issues on scn were conducted by Agent on his own, most of the time without even confronting the other staff members. How do I know? I've become friends with a few former members and hear quite a bit about everyone's opinion on current events. I'll even go into more detail and tell you Silver stepped down as sysop there for this very reason.

It's not your fault you don't know every fact about what's going on, but please ask questions before making comments or accusations. This new site will not consist of Agent47, and I can personally say the other scn staff members were good poeple. Don't rag on them for one persons mistakes.

oh, and btw.. The channel isn't on p2p-irc
    They made a channel on P2P-Net the day it was posted so they could sit and make fun of the FST people who came to complain about their IPs being posted.

Silver's bad rep is entirely his own fault. I am not aware of a single public statement he has made or action he has taken to distance himself from Agent's actions. He did not speak up in or even leave their IRC channel; I don't know how else to fairly interpret that other than tacit approval. If he still feels he owes some loyalty to Agent47, well then I'm sorry, he made his bed and now must lie in it. We are judged, after all, by the company we keep.

As you point out, I don't know what's going on behind-the-scenes. I make fair assumptions based on what I see. Your word on Silver is good enough for me, but let's not cast Silver as entirely blameless here, his reputation tarnished only by unfounded aspersions on his character. When a fellow staff member does something as wrong as what Agent47 did, you have a responsibility to stand up and denounce it, or be fairly thought of as being equally culpable.
    Last edited by Roark; 09-03-2007 at 03:31 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalisto View Post
    You cannot judge the whole team by the actions of one Staff member. Especially if it was done behind their back, and they were none-aware of it.
    You can. SCN has a long story of horrible fuck ups, so all concious and smart people should've gave up their positions. If someone has stayed that means he supported A47 decisions.
    Last edited by AugustoP; 09-03-2007 at 03:27 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast