Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sony's Excellent Marketing (ps3 Info)

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Thank you Cl1mh4224rd. Someone DOES show reading is fundamental. The same hype about PS2's 'emotion engine' was said and I was never blown away, so I'm not going to bust a nut in anticipation. I will definitely get a PS3 though. NCAzrael I already said the PSX WILL have DVD recording. READ MAN READ. DON'T SKIM. READ. Xbox and GC are not different generations of consoles. If anything it's like a 6 year old boy and his 4 year old brother. Microsoft and Nintendo waiting to release their consoles later was super dumb for reasons you already stated. PS2 is on top solely because IT HAS MORE GAMES (PS1 AND PS2) and lack of competition at the time.

You can't gain a game library if your're not around.

I myself am loyal to no system. I pretty much buy any of them if it has a redeeming quality and all the one's out have something great about them. A system can have all trillions of instructions per second it wants but if no game takes advantage of it, THEN IT'S ALL HYPE.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Games   -   #22
    Poster
    PS3's gonna suck ass, like you sad, their won't be a noticable improvement over the PS2, maybe 100MHz overclocked speed more, but you don't need the extras such as playing DVD+/-R/RWs, USB 2.0 etc.

We have a computer! And people were thinking that the PS2 was gonna be a great DVD-V player , how wrong they were, it turned out that it played only 1x (1.355Mbps) and AC-3 decoding wasn't of highest standards.

And for recording like TiVo, why not get a DVD+RW recorder, it will contain MUCH more features, and what's the deal with USB 2.0, wouldn't you rather use your PC than a PS to edit videos?

And so, what is the consequences of not useful features? Hyped up and more expensive games.

The creator of the Nintendo GameCube, took this into consideration; that the GC was purely a games console not the crap like a 1x DVD-V, and that people were more likely to have seperates, that's why it was sold for £130, definitely NOT what the PS3 will be sold at!

3. Games   -   #23
    Personally I like the Xbox the best but I'll definitely get a PS3 (not on launch day though I'll wait and get it hot) for those of you in suburbia that means stolen). I didn't say there won't be a noticable improvement, I said it has to have it. And also one of the reasons alot of people bought the PS2 is because it had DVD. I use mine with an rf modulator in hotel rooms whenever I travel (almost all the time ONLY watching movies). The trend now though is to integrate TIVO with DVD recording. What do I care if it's 1x DVD if I'm watching movies (they PLAY the same).

And sorry buddy but not including DVD was boneheaded buy Nintendo. It is partly why some retailers and developers are ditching the console (low sales). They had to develop a storage medium when there was one already made. Sony isn't hurting THAT badly from piracy.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #24
    Oh and if country codes are not built into burned games then for the PS2.2 (since it can play DVD-/+RW) you still shouldn't need a mod chip, just a boot disc.

ANYONE?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Games   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by Amarjit@5 July 2003 - 17:54
    1) PS3's gonna suck ass, like you sad, their won't be a noticable improvement over the PS2, maybe 100MHz overclocked speed more, but you don't need the extras such as playing DVD+/-R/RWs, USB 2.0 etc.

2)And people were thinking that the PS2 was gonna be a great DVD-V player , how wrong they were, it turned out that it played only 1x (1.355Mbps) and AC-3 decoding wasn't of highest standards.
    1) Heh. You have much lack of faith in technology. I'm willing to bet the Cell processor will rate at around 1GHz. The original PS was 33MHz. PS2 is 300MHz. That's nearly a ten-fold improvement. Now, expecting the PS3 to be a 3GHz machine is a little fantastic if you ask me, but it's definitely not going to be merely 400MHz.

If you think you can spout off random numbers to make your opinion easier to swallow, so be it, but for the people who actually know what they're talking about, you just look like a monkey doing calculus.

2) I was quite satisfied with the PS2's DVD playback. While the first batch drivers lacked certain functionality (multiple fast-forward speeds), these issues were resolved in later driver updates, which were available through the purchase of the DVD Remote, and also included on new batches of the system. I can't say I've experience the AC3 decoding "problem", but I'm willing to bet that was also resolved in later driver updates.

6. Games   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd+5 July 2003 - 08:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cl1mh4224rd @ 5 July 2003 - 08:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NCAzrael@5 July 2003 - 16:46
    Also, the "PSX" isn&#39;t the PS3. I don&#39;t know where you guys are getting this from.
    Correct me if I&#39;m wrong, but I don&#39;t think anyone in this thread ever said it was...

Also, about the PS3... I believe someone at Sony commented that RAM just isn&#39;t fast enough for what the PS3 is being designed to pull off. They&#39;re also having manufacturing problems with the Cell processor, which is why the hopeful demonstration of it in May (or March, I can&#39;t remember) of next year is a big deal if it actually happens. [/b][/quote]
    im gonna clear some stuff up for you no this is not a flame but 1) yes the RAM now-a-days is not fast enough for the PS3 sony is "working" on that they have alot of partners well alot more partners to help them work on the PS3 including IBM but 2) no a Sony afficial said that the Cel Project is not behind and is right its supposed to be he said the cell project is on track. and estimated there "might" with some luck and the cell project to stay on track that we might see some sort of Demo at the 2004 E3 but nothing final for latest news i go to this site they seem to be on top they also have forums i have started to post often there but its www.ps3insider.com u might want to check it out if ur interested in the PS3.

7. Games   -   #27
    lol this post is funny you guy&#39;s have no clue... It&#39;s so great

8. Games   -   #28
    Who ya talkin&#39; bout?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #29
    mainly you busyman...But it was directed towards everyone. There&#39;s only a few people in this post that even know what there talking about.

10. Games   -   #30
    Oh so what I said was wrong? What I said was common sense and the facts were not speculation smart guy. Lotta talk for someone who can&#39;t reveal any info and he can say is "TRUST ME". Who the fuck are you? Your anonymous on the forum so why can&#39;t you reveal more info (not sources). It&#39;s not like your&#39;re &#39;Japanese insider&#39; is going to send someone to &#39;ass&#39;assinate you. So far all I&#39;ve said that you claim to have inside info on is the PS3 won&#39;t play PS1 games but &#39;it&#39;s mainly me&#39; huh. Lick a cat&#39;s butt

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast