Thread: Arrr Dvd Drives Disappered, Please Save My Ass

Poster
    I downloaded and installed Nero 5 from KLite and it seems to have deleted my DVD drive and my DVD-R/CD-r drive...There both still in my PC tower but they dont come up in 'my computer'. I would normally just reformat but been as i cant back anything up (as the computer doesnt realise i've put a CD in the drive). I've gone into the Device manager to see if i could work my way to activating them again but all i have is this message...

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

and

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)"

I have tried uninstalling the drivers but it doesnt help, it just says 'found new hardware' and turns up in the device manager with a yelow triangle over the symbol. I have restarted my computer several times but that hasnt helped either. I also tried crying...that didn't help either.

And i need your guys help before my daddy comes home and beats me with his rhythm stick, but seriously guys and girls, i really do need your help..

<span style='color:blue'>Ladies and Gentlemen, John Frusciante</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    the best bit is to delete the bit of the registry drive info is stored in and reboot, and im guessin it should be fine. also your better getting nero from the nero site.
    im nto sure where the info is kept on dribe though,

edit: another post http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=49518
    please post in the other post.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Check you start up settings with the function keys when you start up your computer Check to make sure it loads up your DVD Drive when it starts up. When you start up your computer does your the light on your DVD Drive light up?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Resovled in duplicate thread here.

~CLOSED~
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"