Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OiNK: "Failure: cheaters will lose their account permanently. This has been logged."

I just got this tracker status message from oink and freaked out! I looked on their forums and some one advise another to turn off his firewall to fix this error.
    So I did that and it worked, but I don't know why!
    Has anyone else had this problem? Why does this only happen with Oink? Maybe it happens with other private trackers; the only other private tracker I belong to is TL, so my assumption probably isn't true.

It seems like an anti-ghosting mechanism

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    Maybe the firewall was blocking some information being sent from your client back to the tracker?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I think Oink has this whole Anti-Cheating script going on. They try to catch cheaters with it. As you can see this is not always the case.
    A couple of people have had there accounts banned Due to this Anti-Cheater Script, who were in fact righteous users.

Anyways I guess you can be considered as lucky, as you were only warned. Glad you got it fix.

You can always try and catch them in the IRC BTW, ask them what it was about.
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    I just got this tracker status message from oink and freaked out! I looked on their forums and some one advise another to turn off his firewall to fix this error.
    So I did that and it worked, but I don't know why!
    Has anyone else had this problem? Why does this only happen with Oink? Maybe it happens with other private trackers; the only other private tracker I belong to is TL, so my assumption probably isn't true.

It seems like an anti-ghosting mechanism

You should n't have to turn off your firewall , thats nuts . I had a problem with RevTT and had to reconfig KIS 7 to allow incoming connections after a reinstall .

Your right tho the Tracker forums are the best place for help .

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I had this problem ages ago with oink and if I recall right it has to do with your firewall settings being set to stealth mode browsing. I use Sygate but it's probably similar for any firewall.

Open up firewall > go to Tools > Options > Security > then un-tick "Enable Stealth Mode Browsing".

I hope this helps m8, and don't worry i doubt you'll get banned if you fix the problem, at least I didn't

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Open up firewall > go to Tools > Options > Security > then un-tick "Enable Stealth Mode Browsing".

I hope this helps m8, and don't worry i doubt you'll get banned if you fix the problem, at least I didn't
    You hit that nail on the head, sear. I unticked it and now Oink torrents are compatible with my firewall, which is also sygate PF!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Turning firewalls of is never a good idea, maybe something with routing?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ¤xXx¤ BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by lowryder View Post
    Not necessarily, I never have a firewall, my hardware firewall is better than anything u download, and its a router

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post

You hit that nail on the head, sear. I unticked it and now Oink torrents are compatible with my firewall, which is also sygate PF!
    Glad I could help had a feeling that was it as I had the exact same message

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy954 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lowryder View Post
    Not necessarily, I never have a firewall, my hardware firewall is better than anything u download, and its a router
    Yeah I have NAT on my Linksys router. I guess you could call network address translation a type of firewall, even though it wasn't designed to be.
    I'm curious, Chewy, what makes your hardware firewall so impenetrable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast