Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dvd Drives Disappered, I Need Your Help Guys

Poster
    I downloaded and installed Nero 5 from KLite and it seems to have deleted my DVD drive and my DVD-R/CD-r drive...There both still in my PC tower but they dont come up in 'my computer'. I would normally just reformat but been as i cant back anything up (as the computer doesnt realise i've put a CD in the drive). I've gone into the Device manager to see if i could work my way to activating them again but all i have is this message...

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

and

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)"

I have tried uninstalling the drivers but it doesnt help, it just says 'found new hardware' and turns up in the device manager with a yelow triangle over the symbol. I have restarted my computer several times but that hasnt helped either. I also tried crying...that didn't help either.

And i need your guys help before my daddy comes home and beats me with his rhythm stick, but seriously guys and girls, i really do need your help..

<span style='color:blue'>Ladies and Gentlemen, John Frusciante</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ONE POST IS ALL IT NEEDS>&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; do not spam the forum.&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    HAve u uninstalled Nero? As the program that apparently caused this it might be a good place to start. Did nero give u a message about changing to Patin Couffin &#39;drivers&#39; from whatever the alternative is?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by monkfi5h@4 July 2003 - 14:20
    I downloaded and installed Nero 5 from KLite and it seems to have deleted my DVD drive and my DVD-R/CD-r drive...There both still in my PC tower but they dont come up in &#39;my computer&#39;. I would normally just reformat but been as i cant back anything up (as the computer doesnt realise i&#39;ve put a CD in the drive). I&#39;ve gone into the Device manager to see if i could work my way to activating them again but all i have is this message...

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

and

"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)"

I have tried uninstalling the drivers but it doesnt help, it just says &#39;found new hardware&#39; and turns up in the device manager with a yelow triangle over the symbol. I have restarted my computer several times but that hasnt helped either. I also tried crying...that didn&#39;t help either.

And i need your guys help before my daddy comes home and beats me with his rhythm stick, but seriously guys and girls, i really do need your help..
    If you have XP then you could try the restore option.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Restore, i like that word...Where would i be able to find this becuase im a fool

and Nero created an image drive on my PC, but thats disappered too. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled, then uninstalled Nero again to see if there was an option to get my drives back, that didnt work...

I can&#39;t remember getting an option to change drivers and the reason i didn&#39;t get it from the site is because it wouldnt let me due to Norton warning me of a trojan trying to penetrate me whenever i went to the ftp.server to download it...The page wouldnt load in the end...

I know im sounding sarcastic but all of this help, regardless of how little, is appreciated so much...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    chalkmongoose
    I&#39;m surprised no one has mentioned this. The yellow triangle means you have a device conflict. Go to the device manager, open up the properties for the device with the yellow triangle, and it &#39;ll tell you what it&#39;s conflicting with.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Sorry, i just looked again, they are not little yellow triangle, they are yellow cirlcles with excalmation marks through them

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    chalkmongoose
    It doesn&#39;t matter. You have a hardware/device conflict.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    if ya using xp restore the system

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Start / Programs / Accessories / System Restore.

Restore to a time before you installed NERO, if it was immediately after you installed that when the problem occurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast