View Poll Results: are u comfortable that mods at trackers are mods here?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

71 39.01%
  • No

88 48.35%
  • well,mmmm i am not really sure

23 12.64%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods, spying and security

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post

Just out of curiosity, what make you a FST member and others NOT?
    let's face it
    you are a member here and a tracker admin
    doesn't that conflict with your actions as a members here
    i won't blame you for banning members who trading invites
    but you see it and i see it
    many people here get banned not for trading
    some get banned here for just giving away invites
    like people who giving away tl invites
    and you are a member here so how come you ban your fellow member who goes with book and obey your fst rules
    does this look right to you.

A. Its not the people that have chosen to be identified that you need to worry about. Its the ppl that are Tracker Staff that are hidden, those that never post or make themselves known.

B. An i have not banned anyone, in your cluelessness you are confused.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    i didn't say you banned people
    it's just a general expression
    and i'm not confused you maybe the one who didn't get my words right

and let's get further

doesn't download copyrighted material is against the law
    so the trackers and their staff doing what is called piracy
    so they are some kind of pirates
    so let me ask you this
    is there any honor among pirates?
    do you think pirates will keep their word?
    do you want pirates to obey rules?
    hell, they didn't obey the law
    Last edited by SAM; 09-04-2007 at 03:10 AM.

For Serving Community

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    ohhhh shit you got us we are not here to try to make sure are site rules are followed and to help you we are all 007's waiting for the right time to strike oh balls again i blow are cover
    SHHHHH JUST ACT NORMAL MAYBE THEY WON'T NOTICE WE'RE STILL HERE

/me grabs his pitchfork and torch and joines in on the man hunt

edit: OK I just HAVE to say this.. lol
    Please refrain from calling us spies. I have always been under the impression spies used alter aliases however I use the same nick here lol.. Having said that, if we were all banned I'm sure we'd be back to seek our revenge under super secret identities!
    Last edited by Brandon; 09-04-2007 at 03:11 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    actully, it's totally wrong to call you spies

and good giveawy ,we hope to see more of this around
    thanks for it

tbh and to be fair,
    i have to say this
    some trackers admins here has an agreement with fst
    " they will giveaway invites in order to stop the trading of their accounts"
    like ftn, tophos i think
    that's alright
    but the other trackers mods and admins here don't do the same
    some of them ban fst members for trading but they never give away invites in the first place
    to clear something out before i continued
    i'm not looking for a ftn account here and i don't want too
    now, look at the last ftn giveaway
    a leech account ,who will do that
    many times i talked against ftn but i have to be fair
    i didn't believe it when brandon stated he wanted a good member and he just cared about the ftn community not the torrents
    very nice talk , really great
    so if the trackers admins here will giveaway invites then and only then they have the right to ban those who trade here
    Last edited by SAM; 09-04-2007 at 03:33 AM.

For Serving Community

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    still he can ban you from his tracker anyway only because you trade ignoring the fact it's ok to trade according to fst rules
    FST rules are for FST only, so you can be sure you won't suffer any consequences *here* because of trading. Trackers are just another story.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    why you don't get my point
    by baning a fst member here cause he saw him trading here is against common sense
    when tracker admin or mod register to fst he agreed to follow its rules and he said he is ok with what this forum about
    by bannin g his fellow members here because of trading this means he against trading yet fst rules say trading is ok
    so he doesn't like this rule and act against it not by speech but by action and further more his actions will effects fst members in a bad way cause the rsult will be their accounts will be disabled
    so how can he is be a member in a forum he is against its rules and harm its members
    it's ok if he has an agreement and he gives away invites
    but what about the rest
    oink for example ,tl and many other
    so they can stay put not to enter the invite section
    what purpose they have with the invite section
    do they need invites ?!
    so they don't need access cause they have all the trackers they want and they won't giveaway invites
    the only purpose for them is to catch traders and to ban members

For Serving Community

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    fst bureaucracy and tracker bureaucracy are two completely separate entities: whether or not users here trade invites and/or accounts is the jurisdiction of the members of fst, all threads and posts where this kind of activity occurs in is in the realm of fst; however, because of the user agreement so-to-speak of the tracker that you signed up atnamely, the f.a.q. and/or the rulesall information gathered of the trading of accounts and/or invites at fst is the property of the staff of that tracker

you are right sam, the trading of goods is allowed on fst; but before you sign up at fst, you agree to their terms and conditions, just like if you come into possession of a tracker account, you automatically accept their terms and conditions, it does not matter if you were not the one to sign up

the tracker staff are not here to prey on traders, they arein my opinionhere to gather information; if that information is somehow incriminating and/or useful to them, it is their responsibility to take action for the good of their tracker
    Last edited by th0r; 09-04-2007 at 04:48 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    titofat's Avatar The Dark BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i am not really sure

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Defy View Post
    I suppose a giveaway wouldn't really *be* given to friends, but what if one of your new found buddies posts asking for soandso invite since they see you have it?
    Only solution to your dilemma, SAM, is for FST to get rid of the BitTorrent Invites Section.

I mean, as Defy pointed out, how can tracker admins tell if the giving of an invite is really transacted between two genuine friends? Being wary, they become suspicious of of the integrity of all giveaways and trading of invites on the public subforum. What's more, since a giveaway/trade between two internet-buddies can more easily be conducted for obvious reasons via the relatively more private PM system on this site, the tracker admins have even more reason to support their wariness and possible irrationality, as, again, Defy pointed out.

I am not personally advocating the disabling of the BitTorrent Invites Section. I'm just pointing out that it would be in SAM's best interest not to advocate the banning of all community reps (the irrationality of which has already been stated), but to advocate the disabling of the entire BitTorrent Invites Subforum altogether .
    Last edited by Brenya; 09-04-2007 at 05:43 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    As far as i can tell, Brandon is the most notorious of two spies at FST.....check the Official FST Spy List Thats right the O.F.S.T.S.L thread

@SAM, bro not to be disrespectful but you should be thanking CRs....Community Reps and FST have a RESPONSIBILITY to our users to have the safest environment for filesharing (legal of course) as possible. There are PLENTY of public trackers if you dont like it. Truthfully, im getting tired of whiners crying about CRs....We DO NOT get special privileges and most of us help more than we disable accounts. If CRs keep you awake at night you have problems. My advice to every1...Pick a tracker you like and ENJOY the service they offer.
    Proud Member of:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast