View Poll Results: are u comfortable that mods at trackers are mods here?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

71 39.01%
  • No

88 48.35%
  • well,mmmm i am not really sure

23 12.64%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Mods, spying and security

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    well, i wasn't talk about oink
    but you have tl, potuk and many others they rules are strict
    they tell you if you want to give invites, give them to your friends only or on invite only forum

and if they have to be here cause they help us when we have a problem with the tracker
    what are irc channels for ,then?!!
    they shouldn't be allowed to watch us and track the trades and the invites
    and they banned fst members cause they trading
    i don't get it, the forum allows us to trade and allow them to watch us so we get banned
    how come ?

-------------

why you don't get my point
    by baning a fst member here cause he saw him trading here is against common sense
    when tracker admin or mod register to fst he agreed to follow its rules and he said he is ok with what this forum about
    Well SAM. The FST section guidelines state "Don't post links or names of sites that don't want them posted" and yet when this 'rule' is broken nothing is done about it so what choice do we have but to take matters into our own hands and track and disable? This pi$$es you guys off and it wastes our time. Having said that the problem wouldn't exist if you guys respected PotUK (and others) rules and didn't make our invites available here in the first place would it?

There is an answer. FST could add to their rules a list of sites who do not want their invites offered here, and instruct their Moderators to delete offending posts and take action against those who ignore the rule. Unless I've missed something that would go a long way towards solving the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    Only solution to your dilemma, SAM, is for FST to get rid of the BitTorrent Invites Section.

I mean, as Defy pointed out, how can tracker admins tell if the giving of an invite is really transacted between two genuine friends? Being wary, they become suspicious of of the integrity of all giveaways and trading of invites on the public subforum. What's more, since a giveaway/trade between two internet-buddies can more easily be conducted for obvious reasons via the relatively more private PM system on this site, the tracker admins have even more reason to support their wariness and possible irrationality, as, again, Defy pointed out.
    Two genuine friends wouldn't need to organise an invite via FST would they.

As things stand absolutely ANYBODY can sign up here, wait a month and ask for invites to anywhere... and in all probability they will get one. This flies in the face of security measures that sites like PotUK take to try to restrict its invites to genuine members of the file-sharing community.

There's no need to remove the invites section here as many sites are happy for members to join from any source, but FST could help a lot by respecting the wishes of those sites who make it known that they don't want their invites/accounts made available here.

We all want the maximum number of BitTorrent sites to flourish don't we? So let's work together to ensure that continues to be the case.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    As far as i can tell, Brandon is the most notorious of two spies at FST.....check the Official FST Spy List Thats right the O.F.S.T.S.L thread
    Makes me laugh every time.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Voted yes, Why would i not feel comfortable with them around?

I don't trade, So i have nothing to worry about

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by phenomenoff View Post
    Well SAM. The FST section guidelines state "Don't post links or names of sites that don't want them posted" and yet when this 'rule' is broken nothing is done about it so what choice do we have but to take matters into our own hands and track and disable? This pi$$es you guys off and it wastes our time. Having said that the problem wouldn't exist if you guys respected PotUK (and others) rules and didn't make our invites available here in the first place would it?

There is an answer. FST could add to their rules a list of sites who do not want their invites offered here, and instruct their Moderators to delete offending posts and take action against those who ignore the rule. Unless I've missed something that would go a long way towards solving the problem.
    that is a very good valid point and i would support that, it all goes back to respect.. hardly anyone has any for the trackers.. i myself had issuses with that... but threads like this are making me think a bit.. Although many others are gonna defend thier "RIGHT" to trade whatever, whenever they want, they are gonna fight this statement tooth and nail for thier own intrests only! But, then again if the admins of fst did have a list like this and tried to enforce it... haha we'd watch fst become a ghost town! bet ya anything on that!! cause the heards would just move on to another forum to do thier carless business... and the admins here at fst wouldn't have that... so, don't expect to see such a thing here..

these forums are all about trading sad to say....and not much else. (and before people say otherwise..... they should take a good look around here.. at the posts.. that says it all!) ya take away that and as i said.. no matter what comments follow this post.. it would be more like a ghost town here..

thats my $0.02 anyhow..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #55

Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    Only solution to your dilemma, SAM, is for FST to get rid of the BitTorrent Invites Section.

I mean, as Defy pointed out, how can tracker admins tell if the giving of an invite is really transacted between two genuine friends? Being wary, they become suspicious of of the integrity of all giveaways and trading of invites on the public subforum. What's more, since a giveaway/trade between two internet-buddies can more easily be conducted for obvious reasons via the relatively more private PM system on this site, the tracker admins have even more reason to support their wariness and possible irrationality, as, again, Defy pointed out.
    Two genuine friends wouldn't need to organise an invite via FST would they.

As things stand absolutely ANYBODY can sign up here, wait a month and ask for invites to anywhere... and in all probability they will get one. This flies in the face of security measures that sites like PotUK take to try to restrict its invites to genuine members of the file-sharing community.

There's no need to remove the invites section here as many sites are happy for members to join from any source, but FST could help a lot by respecting the wishes of those sites who make it known that they don't want their invites/accounts made available here.

We all want the maximum number of BitTorrent sites to flourish don't we? So let's work together to ensure that continues to be the case.
    I acctually dont think its a rule to wait a month anymore.
    I had access to the invites page day I signed up (and im a noob).

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    [quote=TrippingOnAcid;2249201]
    Well I acctually dont think its a rule to wait a month anymore.
    I had access to the invites page day I signed up (and im a noob).
    hmmm.... if that be true, then guess we all gots more things to consider......

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Quote Originally Posted by rumplestiltski;
    Ok im a little bit lost here, lets face it basically all (if not most) trackers say in there rules that its not allowed to trade invites and most the mods/admins of FSt here say we should all respect them rules and if they are here watching people trade and ya get caught them tuff titties. Well it begs the Q IMO why the hell is there a bit torrent invite section if it is against most sites rules lol its like a fly trap - come here trade ya invites get caught and banned, IDK it dont make sense to me
    To be honest, we allow it because we are not affiliated with any other tracker. The only kind of "affiliation" we have, are deals done with trackers.. Haven't looked into what these deals consist of The fact of the matter is - We have certain deals - Some sites you can't trade certain things, on any others - We highly suggest you do as their rules say. If you don't - "tuf tittys"

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    BANNED
    I wanna know about these dodgy sounding 'deals'

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rumplestiltski;
    Ok im a little bit lost here, lets face it basically all (if not most) trackers say in there rules that its not allowed to trade invites and most the mods/admins of FSt here say we should all respect them rules and if they are here watching people trade and ya get caught them tuff titties. Well it begs the Q IMO why the hell is there a bit torrent invite section if it is against most sites rules lol its like a fly trap - come here trade ya invites get caught and banned, IDK it dont make sense to me
    To be honest, we allow it because we are not affiliated with any other tracker. The only kind of "affiliation" we have, are deals done with trackers.. Haven't looked into what these deals consist of The fact of the matter is - We have certain deals - Some sites you can't trade certain things, on any others - We highly suggest you do as their rules say. If you don't - "tuf tittys"

HMMMmmmmmm......... that takes me back to another tired thread that was a major deal not so long ago here..... of which i'm not gonna mention........ (Kinda makes ya think.. )

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    As far as i can tell, Brandon is the most notorious of two spies at FST.....check the Official FST Spy List Thats right the O.F.S.T.S.L thread
    ahahahahhaha

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast