Thread: Setup a router with ADSL modem, help needed

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hi,

I just changed my internet providert from cable internet to adsl internet and i was wondering how to setup it because i use a router to share the internet in my house

is the only setup required is in my router? i have a dlink wireless n draft router

some years ago, i remember installing a pppoe client on my connect to enter username/password but i didn't have a router at that time, so i guess i don't have anything specific to do on my computers, only the router, right?

Thx for the help, i'm confused on this one

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    connect the pc to the router with cat5 cable and then the phone line to the router.

go to http://192.168.0.1 and use the username admin and leave the password blank. follow the wizard for setup picking pppoe and fill in the username and passwrod your isp gave you. let the router reset and sync and try access the internets.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    cool thx