Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Usenet Content

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    there is defiantly something wrong speed wise you really should max out your connection. by the way who is your isp.

im with usenetserver/bt and im at a constant 720k

oh yeah are you uploading lots as well. that tends to kill your download speed.

try using their globalsearch for stuff you like. found a few Werner Herzog films listed there if that what your after.
    I'm on usenetserver/rural internet
    No other apps running....I tried globalsearch but it needs a login Thanks anyways...the thing is I have everything I've seen on usenet so far...my fault I guess for being old....
    try using the password and username you use for the server

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Thanks mate, BTW is it rude to grab lots of NZB's???? I have a bad ratio
    Now go away.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Thanks mate, BTW is it rude to grab lots of NZB's???? I have a bad ratio
    99.99% of all the people here have "bad rating" hehe.... Nothing to worry about.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post

I get 3MB/s from Giganews and that's 100% of my internet connection 24/7.

Most people don't get scene stuff from anything else than P2P etc. and you cannot say that that's faster. If you have other sources, use them.

I don't know what content you are after but I find more content on usenet than I do on P2P etc. Of course I find a lot of stuff on certain ftp sites (and they have content available a few hours faster than NG's) too but I don't have storage space to download more than 350-600 GB per month so I don't care.

Maybe NG's isn't the thing for you, I don't know.
    ok, thanks, so where am I goin wrong with the speed???
    Content I was looking for was collections of rare movies from directors I like, herzog etc....
    scene stuff I FTP which is earlier and faster than P2P. I only use P2P for rare movies really....
    Just wondering were do you find these FTP Sites to download from ...? Thanks!

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    The internets.........
    Now go away.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    The internets.........

Something like that

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    The internets.........
    Guss you need to know someone friend of a friend
    that's ok I don't have sufficient disk space as is...

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    I've got a 6 Mbit connection, and I tend to max that out. Sometimes it runs a touch faster. Typically I DL from usenet anywhere between 650-800 KB/s. Torrents are obviously much slower for me, unless I'm on a private tracker, and/or there are a ton of seeders.
    ELF

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    Member BT Rep: +1
    If your max download speed is less than 20MB, most premium news provider should be able to max that out. If you cannot get to your max speed, it's most likely your ISP is doing something.

And go to a good nzb site like newzbin.com to search for the stuff you want. binsearch.info is not as good, but free.
    Never say "great giveaway", you may get an infraction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123