Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Usenet Content

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I just got my usenet access
    (http://www.usenetserver.com)

Now I'm using NewsLeecher.....
    I only seem to be able to find scene releases and crap like that....
    I was hoping to find better stuff like Karagarga content/lossless audio etc.....is that possible or is it all the same old garbage??
    Another thing I tried a NZB from here, and it trickled in at 100k/s so I cancelled it. Is that normal? It was on the 1st page (so new).

I'm thinking I might have just wasted $15???

EDIT: Trying alt.binaries.karagarga.................
    Last edited by benchez; 09-05-2007 at 05:52 PM.
    Now go away.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    http://www.binsearch.info/groups.php...&name=lossless

And remember that most people do not see scene releases as crap, it's what they want

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    but you can get that scene stuff anywhere..and faster...what's the point???

The speeds are really awful over usenet, that's the main problem for me.....

EDIT: alt.binaries.karagarga is rubbish......
    Last edited by benchez; 09-05-2007 at 07:12 PM.
    Now go away.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post

I get 3MB/s from Giganews and that's 100% of my internet connection 24/7.

Most people don't get scene stuff from anything else than P2P etc. and you cannot say that that's faster. If you have other sources, use them.

I don't know what content you are after but I find more content on usenet than I do on P2P etc. Of course I find a lot of stuff on certain ftp sites (and they have content available a few hours faster than NG's) too but I don't have storage space to download more than 350-600 GB per month so I don't care.

Maybe NG's isn't the thing for you, I don't know.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post

Most people don't get scene stuff from anything else than P2P etc. and you cannot say that that's faster. If you have other sources, use them.

I don't know what content you are after but I find more content on usenet than I do on P2P etc. Of course I find a lot of stuff on certain ftp sites (and they have content available a few hours faster than NG's) too but I don't have storage space to download more than 350-600 GB per month so I don't care.

ok, thanks, so where am I goin wrong with the speed???
    Content I was looking for was collections of rare movies from directors I like, herzog etc....
    scene stuff I FTP which is earlier and faster than P2P. I only use P2P for rare movies really....
    Last edited by benchez; 09-05-2007 at 07:25 PM.
    Now go away.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post

ok, thanks, so where am I goin wrong with the speed???
    Content I was looking for was collections of rare movies from directors I like, herzog etc....
    scene stuff I FTP which is earlier and faster than P2P. I only use P2P for rare movies really....
    Mail the provider and ask for their EU server if you don't use it already. I tried Usenetserver but did not get any good speeds there (got around 800KB/s) but I think it's related to location.

You might also sign up for a free 1GB trial @ Giganews just to check if you get better speeds there (remember to use the EU server).

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    100k/s is very slow >try to set 10 Connections ?
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/attac...0&d=1155225913
    Last edited by r77; 09-05-2007 at 07:40 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
    Thanks but that was the first thing I did, I followed the guide, as I'm a noob

UPDATE: I changed the port and the speed has picked up to 300k/s
    Last edited by benchez; 09-05-2007 at 08:21 PM.
    Now go away.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Pilferd's Avatar Poster
    300k/s is still not good ...

im a n00b to usenet myself (been usin it for 2 weeks) but i came from 4 years of Bittorrenting, i was lucky if i topped 120 kb/s but averaged around 50 kb/s usin bittorent ... started using usenet and, looking at my speed now, im hittin around 3mb/s ...
    basically i cant help ur situation cause i dont know much myself, but i can cosign to what multiforce is saying ... stick w/usenet and try to figure out why ur speeds arent hitting what they could ...

it use to take about 8-10 hours to DL'd a 3gb file from bittorent ... now i can pull those in - in about a half hour or so ... stick w/it ...

service im using: http://newshosting.com/
    NZB client: alt.binz

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
    Thanks but that was the first thing I did, I followed the guide, as I'm a noob

UPDATE: I changed the port and the speed has picked up to 300k/s
    What is your max speed? What does speedtest.com tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilferd View Post
    300k/s is still not good ...

im a n00b to usenet myself (been usin it for 2 weeks) but i came from 4 years of Bittorrenting, i was lucky if i topped 120 kb/s but averaged around 50 kb/s usin bittorent ... started using usenet and, looking at my speed now, im hittin around 3mb/s ...
    basically i cant help ur situation cause i dont know much myself, but i can cosign to what multiforce is saying ... stick w/usenet and try to figure out why ur speeds arent hitting what they could ...

it use to take about 8-10 hours to DL'd a 3gb file from bittorent ... now i can pull those in - in about a half hour or so ... stick w/it ...

service im using: http://newshosting.com/
    NZB client: alt.binz
    It may not be good compared to you, but it may be his max.
    Last edited by Skizo; 09-06-2007 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast