Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has George Bush

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by nigel123@6 July 2003 - 17:43
    Treason is the ONLY law in the UK that still carries the death penalty (less military law)......

And Arson in Royal Navy Dockyards I believe.

It is irrelevant.
    True.

I was trying to make a point on the seriousness of the term "Traitor".

And how even when strictly speaking Treason has been done, its only in extreme circumstances that someone will be prosecuted (in the UK) on this charge.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+6 July 2003 - 18:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 6 July 2003 - 18:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@6 July 2003 - 17:43
    Treason is the ONLY law in the UK that still carries the death penalty (less military law)......

And Arson in Royal Navy Dockyards I believe.

It is irrelevant.
    True.

I was trying to make a point on the seriousness of the term "Traitor".

And how even when strictly speaking Treason has been done, its only in extreme circumstances that someone will be prosecuted (in the UK) on this charge. [/b][/quote]
    their is a case to answer with the two brits
    we have to concider that they might have commited treason and we need to decide that not America.

Treason is a crime so specific to one c ountry that NO other has any right interfeering.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    What is all this talk about "treason"?
    I&#39;ve not heard anywhere that the six men in question are being charged with treason.
    Even that ridiculous screed posted by EBP doesn&#39;t mention the word.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+6 July 2003 - 00:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 6 July 2003 - 00:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-garydavidlewis@6 July 2003 - 00:11
    my theory is if there are traiters and they get caught they shud be jialed for life at a prison set up for terroists
    Define "Traitor" and "Terrorist"

An example:

Hewitt slept with Diana then talked.

At the time she was a member of the Royal Family, and that act alone strictly speaking was "Treason". He also committed adultary with the wife of the Prince of Wales..again, strictly speaking "Treason" under the law.

So you would have him locked up as a terrorist?

If you mean the people in the US Camp (I assume you are)...again define Traitor.

95% were Afgans, fighting the US/UK forces which attacked them. Most were also conscripts in this army. Some werent anything to do with it, but were accused by others (like senile old sod).

How are any of these people "Traitors"?

If you are from the US, the ONLY prisoner that can be called a traitor (ie the only US citizen) has already been tried...under due process (ie a civilian court).

How are the citizens of every other country not worthy of this? [/b][/quote]
    Hello Clocker, It started within the quote that Rat faced highlighted.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@6 July 2003 - 20:08
    What is all this talk about "treason"?
    I&#39;ve not heard anywhere that the six men in question are being charged with treason.
    I&#39;m saying it now as has Rat Faced befor me.
    the two British men need to be returned to the United Kingdom to answer to the charge of treason, and only once they have spoken to us will we decide what to do with them

Edit rephrasing

P.S. The Queen requires her subjects to explain themselves.

Neil.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Originally posted by clocker
    Clocker, what was ridiculous about it?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss+6 July 2003 - 16:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evilbagpuss @ 6 July 2003 - 16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker
    Clocker, what was ridiculous about it? [/b][/quote]
    EBP,
    As the piece is too long to dissect line by line I offer this one sentence as representative of the failings of the whole.
    "It will almost certainly be held in secret, probably at Guantanamo Bay, and the really worrying thing is that there are reports... that an execution chamber is being built alongside it"
    "Almost certainly", "probably" and "there are reports"

Sounds alot like "maybe", "I think" and " someone told me".

No facts to be found in this one sentence and few to be found anywhere else in the piece.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by clocker
    "Almost certainly", "probably" and "there are reports"
    It will almost certainly be held in secret, probably at Guantanamo Bay, and the really worrying thing is that there are reports... that an execution chamber is being built alongside it"
    "It will almost certainly be held in secret"

This issue of secrecy is a very important point. These are military tribunals. They are almost always held in secret. Secrecy is the rule rather than the exception. I think this is common knowledge.

The location of the trial and execution chamber are not critical elements as their legal rights are to be decided by the military and not the location where the trial occurs.

The phrase "really worrying" may seem emotive to you but remember we dont have the death penalty in the UK and this article is focused on the accused UK individuals and representing a UK point of view.

I dont think we should go through this line by line either, but I genuinely cant see any reason why anyone would write this article off as &#39;ridiculous&#39;.

Anyway, my point is that I dont think these men, who are certainly facing the death penalty, will get anything resembling a fair trial if they are going to be prosecuted under these conditions. I wanted to gauge the opinions of the board on this point.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    We demand America return our citizens so we can try them.

Or at least I demand.
    and I&#39;m not alone.

You can shove your executions up your arse America you cannot kill our aleged traitors

and they havent been heard yet.

I want to hear what they have to say.
    so bring them in frount of me and ask them.
    the Queen and I want an answer

America Let them speak to us,
    Or be Damned.

Neil.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    Rat Faced
    I would expect a British Citizen found guilty of Murder in Texas, to face the Electric Chair...just like any other person guilty of murder in that State.
    But would you extradite a british citezen to the electric chair
    when we can jail them forever here?

And give them a chance to re-evaluate their world.
    and maybe be released if they deserve to be

Our chouce America No others.

Neil

A Brit.
    a citizen under Queen Elizabeth II
    demand the return of my countrymen.
    NOW.

Neil

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast