Thread: Imesh

Poster
    What is it and how is imesh better than kazaa lite ( think they are similar not sure though) haha thanks guys

EDIT: i no what it is now... but is it better than k-lite? and does it have spyware

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Can't really remember if it has sypware or not... but, i'm pretty sure that it does come with sypware. I tried using it long ago when i first got into file sharing and didn't really like it that much. It was way slow compared to kazaa, and i really hated the layout of it's software. That was a while ago though so i'm not really too familiar with it currently.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Imesh does have spyware. There is a version called Imesh lite that is spyware free.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Imesh is another p2p programme that is very similar to KMD.
    the difference between k-lite n' imesh is that k-lite is spyware free and k-lite has directories for verified downloads.
    1 more thing: k-lite has its own, cool looking, helpful and interesting forum!!!!!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yeah Imesh is no near as good as K-Lite -- even the Imesh Lite has Spywere --

Imesh is a poor Imitation

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    imesh and kazaa both use the fast-track protocol (this is y u can sometimes download from users from imesh or other fast-track clients)........... this is a piece of software that is the foundation of these programs......... using the .dat files 2 save progress and the method of xcanging files...........

so the acitecture is the same, the only diff is in the xtras (seach options, playin files, msging, and spyware) imesh also has a complicated registering procedure.......... i used imesh a looooooonng time ago, but it was VERY instable then............ dunno how it is now...............
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    last used imesh about a month ago, not much different to kazaa/ kazaa lite, exactly the same files (& users), more or less the same speed. Don't really like the layout of the files. Can't message anyone, not as much privacy, that's about it, but get the lite version if you have to (really I wouldn't bother)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Imesh is slow and crappy.. even Imesh Lite

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Yeah, I didn't much care for imesh either. Since it also uses the Fast Track network, you might as well stick with K-Lite. If you want an alternative P2P program, try eMule or Shareaza. They use different networks so you can sometimes find files that aren't available on Fast Track.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Use Emule for rare stuff (such as macintosh only programs)