Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why you trade ?

sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Trade. Neither do I.
    ....but i though we had a deal....

I think the answer lies in what TCD004 said and your second post in this thread SAM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    but what you think skizo
    any way you have been around for too long
    you must have something to say about this issue
    What else is there to say?

I don't even enter the Invites section any more because I'm rather disgusted at what I see. Heck, I moved to newsgroups loooong ago due to many of the safety issues with bittorrent. I rarely even use use bittorrent for anything anymore. E**** is almost the only thing I still use it for.

Looking in uTorrrent right now, I only have 7 torrents seeding. 1 from FTN, 1 from Pedro's, and 5 from E****. Those aren't even recent, some go back a couple of months.

Traders are ruining it for everyone and it puts us all at risk. I just don't want to get caught because of some bored kid who traded an invite.

Newsgroups, FTW. Safer, faster, better.
    Last edited by Skizo; 09-06-2007 at 04:25 AM.

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    Soon as am done with bittorrent. Am moveing 2 Newsgroups and much much more safer...
    i wanna give it a try..
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 09-06-2007 at 04:24 AM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    TDC SysOp
    bez kiddies wanna grow there e-penis and get banned of a dozen tracker.
    it is agaisnt tracker rules to trade accounts.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    s0nuvab|tch's Avatar Poster
    A true newbie here...

I've only used the Pirate Bay for bittorrenting, only recently learning about private trackers, which is why I joined File Sharing Talk.

NOW I read in this thread that private trackers are crap and the way to go is this "Newsgroup" thing.

couple questions...

1.) How 'at risk' am I because of my Pirate Bay use?
    I understand it all has to do with content, but hypothetically lets assume I downloaded anything and everything that struck my fancy.

2.) Should I even bother trying to join any of the private trackers?

3.) Can someone please explain how Newsgroups work and what makes them 'safer' than using bittorrent?

I know this last request is a lot to ask but anything you veterans could add would be very helpful to a newbie and I'll be googlin' after I make this post.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    tuning's Avatar House M.D. BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Because noone gives away invites at 5+ level now :/

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by s0nuvab|tch View Post
    A true newbie here...

I've only used the Pirate Bay for bittorrenting, only recently learning about private trackers, which is why I joined File Sharing Talk.

NOW I read in this thread that private trackers are crap and the way to go is this "Newsgroup" thing.

couple questions...

1.) How 'at risk' am I because of my Pirate Bay use?
    I understand it all has to do with content, but hypothetically lets assume I downloaded anything and everything that struck my fancy.

2.) Should I even bother trying to join any of the private trackers?

3.) Can someone please explain how Newsgroups work and what makes them 'safer' than using bittorrent?

I know this last request is a lot to ask but anything you veterans could add would be very helpful to a newbie and I'll be googlin' after I make this post.

1. A ton. Probably more than any other of the major trackers. Repent, and ditch public trackers now.

2. Absolutely. Hang around a bit and be patient. Don't try to get too many trackers as there is just no need. Once you get access to the Invites section, see what some of the "freebies" are and go from there. Find 6-8 that really contain content you like. Any more than that is just unnecessary bulk.

Bittorrent is unsafe b/c trading invites and accounts puts you, me, and the next guy all at risk. (See Invites section to see how many people don't care)

3. News providers don't log what you download, they just log the amount of traffic. If you use secure connections you should be even more "safe" but personally I don't think it's going to happen that anyone is spying on you. As far as i know the Usenet providers have value-added common carrier status. You can Google that for a deeper definition.

The greatest thing about newsgroups is, you max out your connection, it's 100% safe, and there is zero seeding or uploading required. What's not to love?

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    s0nuvab|tch's Avatar Poster
    Mucho thanks Skizo!
    I'm sooo glad I've discovered this little niche of the web.

Been googlin' my fingers off but I've run out of time tonight, but I'll be back for more Q & A now that I see what a resource this place can be.

Thanks again,
    that s0nuvab|tch

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    well,first i doubt you will be getting much traders view in this thread but i will give you my thought as an old time trader knowing the fact that in the past days teh giveaways weren't as much avaiable as it is now so your best chance to get into atracker you want was through trading besides Reviews about trackers weren't available back then to make you decide what you need and go for it

Think about it that way,I have agoodie that i don't want while you have agoodie that i want so we both exchange and everyone get satisfied with what he have

Regarding that the acc that anyone of us will be used in further trade ,well what i am saying that even if that happens this acc sooner or later will fall in the hands that really appreciate it and willing to become active member of the tracker and the community

For invites ,i belive the tracker have given me these invites to do whatever i want with them so if i gave them to friends that would be my call and if i used them to get to some places that would be also my choice .The thing that trackers can do is to make you responsible for your invitees like if you invited 2 bad users you will be stripped from invites and get awarning

Some will say that Cheaters may get in through acc trading ,well i belive they may get in also through invites ,through giveaways and through claiming to be Anti-Traders .My best solution about that is that trackers should improve their cheating scripts like oink for example .i doubt oink staff do much work in following cheaters because they have a killer script

lastly:Traders aren't selfish bad people .i recommend you to look at some of old traders threads like me,J.A,Evandro,Wishmaster and alot others who have been tradingand see the enormous amounts of giveaways that have been held by traders to help others get in what they need

I don't say that All traders are angels ,well there is abad side for everything because nothing is perfect but alot of traders once they get satsified with what they have they tend to retire and leave trading and help others

so i am saying that if there was an alternative way that those who want to get into acertain tracker and become active in it can do that then there will be no point in trading

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    @Patriot, I just want to say that I found your reply quite interesting and well thought out. Having joined FST around the same time as you I concur that there really wasn't many giveaways, and definitely none of the big ones we see these days. I was lucky in a way that I got a few trackers that I liked from friends and never felt the need to trade.

For along time I never really had a problem with trading, as most of the traders I saw or knew came from your line of thinking which I could understand. But in the end I begin to see more and more tracker collectors and people that where in the game just because it was a game and it began to make my stomach turn. The more I thought about it the more I disagreed with it, particularly from a security point of view.

I know I'm a little older than a lot of traders on this bored (27) and I'm at a point where I take the prospect of getting sued because of my p2p use seriously. And like Skiz I don't want to be compromised by some little kiddy who just doesn't care about the rest of us.

Anyway all that is beside the point, my views on trading are pretty clear. Just wanted to say nice post
    Last edited by sear; 09-06-2007 at 09:35 AM. Reason: spelling :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast