Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Lets Get This Right

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    This section's always been closely moderated. There's at least two mods who pop in on a regular basis. Sometimes they even say something.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    You mean they pop in every now and again to close a topic that they find offensive?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    So why the hell do you have a serious debate section? I sugest you mods go into your own little section and re-think this

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    jetje's Avatar former star
    well some post seems to be missing here?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Not a very enviable position being a moderator, Insanity. But see today this topic has been unlocked. I am sure it was locked yesterday. If the mod's dont lock it they get problems and if they do, they get problems as well. Some of the topics get deleted altogether they seem to disapear into thin air. That happened in the guestroom yesterday. No explanation whatsoever. I think it must be something to do with Merlin

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    To be honest I dont think this topic belongs here at all and should be moved to a more suitable location.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by Insanity@5 July 2003 - 01:21
    You mean they pop in every now and again to close a topic that they find offensive?
    Obviously, you're new to this part of the forum. If you'd take time to look around, you'd see both Rat Faced and Jetje contribute to the discussions here.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Isanity they listened to you it's been reopened.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Ex-member
    This is an example from page 6 of the Abortion topic:
    I've just read some truly horrible ranting by JPaul, where he accuses women who choose to end a pregnancy of commiting infanticide. What gives anyone the right to pass such damning judgement on so very many women?

infanticide noun 1 the murder of a young child or infant. 2 someone who murders a young child or infant. 3 the practice of killing newborn children. infanticidal adj. 

From Chambers Dictionary

While it can certainly be argued at what stage of developement a foetus may be when an abortion takes place, you cannot refer to it as an infant.

Jpaul.
    As i posted previously, the decision to terminate a pregancy must be the most heartbreaking decision a woman can make. What effect do you think your accusations could have on someone. Would you accuse someone, who'd had an abortion, of infanticide if they were in the same room, to their face? No, you would not. Can you imagine a woman crumpling in front of you, destroyed by your words?
    While this is the internet, i think in this case you should still consider the effects your arrogant opinionatedness might have on someone.

I'm sure your going to condemn me as being too immature to be able to debate this topic. Well, i'm a (male) mental health nurse (grade G) with 11 years experience. I studied general nursing during my training and know exactly how traumatised a young woman can be following a terminated pregnancy. I also know that it is something very many woman never get over completely.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS POST.
    It wasn't the mods who wanted the topic closed, it was the members who were getting offended.

We have decided to reopen this (on request) and watch it very closely indeed - this means a lot more work.
    So please quit criticising and get on board. The mods are here to work with you, not against you.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    It is indeed the rare topic that is closed-the abortion issue is, I'm sure, one the mods dread, and for good reason, as has been demonstrated.

I think they have, are, and will continue to perform with admirable sensibility and sensitivity.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12