Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Lets Get This Right

This forum is for serious topics alone, but your closing the topics that are serious? Please DO NOT take your personal views into codsideration! So please explain what we are meant to talk about in here? The things that the mods want to talk about and nobody else??

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    I meant this in the serious topics dudes, maybe a mod would move it?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Yes, this is for serious world issues.

The trouble with serious topics is that they get emotive.

Some, like "Abortion" can cause serious distress to people that have gone through it.

I did not "Close" the topic off my own back...it was not my decision alone.

The topic opened with a warning that it would be closely monitored, and could be closed at any time.

We tried to keep the topic open as long as possible, by asking ppl not to post pictures etc...

However, as one post in the topic showed, and what numerous PMs showed...is that people were being distressed over the subject.

That being the case....after consultation, it was decided to close the topic.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    So why have you chosen to have a serious topic section if you do not allow serious topics? You say you got PM's in relation to this. What are they doing in this section anyway? Sort your selves out! Have a serious section or not, don't be laughable!

This is a serious discussion section, are you going to close every topic?

I saw some valid replies here, I don't think the abortion topic should of been closed.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Off hand i cant think of ANY topic, other than this, that has been closed in this section....so im not sure where the "close every topic" comes in.

You are of course, entitled to your opinion.

I said that "After Consultation".......it may yet be that the topic is re-opened after all the Admin/Mods have contributed to this.

I would however, prefer to err on the side of NOT causing further distress...so try and think of the subject on "Hold" for now.

Edited by RF....last two sentences.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Thank you.

So if you can point me to section where this topic has gone too far?? Nobody is being flamed, everyone is stating their views in an adult way. Please mods, don't base this on personal opinion, this is everyones views!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    You replied while i was editing my previous post...please read the edited version.

RF

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    OK, I have said my peace, please feel free to close/delete this topic. As long as people have the freedom of speech etc

Thank you

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Insanity, I was following it as well. People were getting angry with each other. I understand what you are saying but I feel that it was for the time being the right descision.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    I just don't understand why topics of less serious nature are being closed when the one that was closed was not even out of hand

But never mind, i'm sure this section is being closely moderated now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast