Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Section For Adults

it is the guest room that gets out of hand the most because thats where most of the immature kids hang out

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I was really trying to look for a way where discussions could carry on without them getting locked and with als little moderation(from the moderators)as possible. A place where people, who get upset about sensitive issues, know they can better avoid.

Many of the youngster are in fact just as rational and serious as the mature members.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123@5 July 2003 - 01:51
    Some of the issues that are discussed here on the forum can be for some, quite distressing. Is it possible to create a section special for more sensitive issues. A section where of course the general rules of the forum are adhered too. Such as respect for others peoples standpoints. A section where under 18's are not admissible. One of the arguments I heard earlier was that people where getting upset. The sort of section that I am thinking about would not be the place for those people. Its just an idea at the moment.
    What about our 17 year old mod.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    I think the age problem has already been shot down in flames by by Jetje. The moderators have obviously been chosen because of the way they conduct themselves on the board. I think Nigel123 realises that in his last post.

Quote: " Many of the youngsters are just as rational and serious as the mature members." unquote.

It would not be desirable to let everyone prove ther identity and age, for very obvious reasons. So then entry, to the adult forum, would have to be left to the discretion of the moderators. Then it will not be so difficult to choose who do and who do not gain entry; their postings in the past are available for all to see.

In my view I like the idea of a forum where one can speak and not hear people calling for the moderators to lock the topic because "other people could get hurt" or for sensitive religious reasons. You will still be bound by the general rules of the forum. If you insult members you will have to leave. etc. etc.

Finally if the Administration do decide to create the adult room and an age limit of 18 years is set, then there is still a job for the 17 year old moderator to do; he can hold the key (password) and make the coffee!!

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Originally posted by callum+6 July 2003 - 03:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (callum @ 6 July 2003 - 03:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@5 July 2003 - 01:51
    Some of the issues that are discussed here on the forum can be for some, quite distressing. Is it possible to create a section special for more sensitive issues. A section where of course the general rules of the forum are adhered too. Such as respect for others peoples standpoints. A section where under 18&#39;s are not admissible. One of the arguments I heard earlier was that people where getting upset. The sort of section that I am thinking about would not be the place for those people. Its just an idea at the moment.
    What about our 17 year old mod. [/b][/quote]
    out 17 year old mod will not be 17 forever, in 10 days he will be 18

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showuser=7601

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob+6 July 2003 - 08:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2nd gen noob @ 6 July 2003 - 08:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by callum@6 July 2003 - 03:40
    <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123
    @5 July 2003 - 01:51
    Some of the issues that are discussed here on the forum can be for some, quite distressing. Is it possible to create a section special for more sensitive issues. A section where of course the general rules of the forum are adhered too. Such as respect for others peoples standpoints. A section where under 18&#39;s are not admissible. One of the arguments I heard earlier was that people where getting upset. The sort of section that I am thinking about would not be the place for those people. Its just an idea at the moment.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showuser=7601 [/b][/quote]
    Oh hip hip hooray,boy mod into man mod..lets have a party

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob+6 July 2003 - 08:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2nd gen noob @ 6 July 2003 - 08:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by callum@6 July 2003 - 03:40
    <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123
    @5 July 2003 - 01:51

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showuser=7601 [/b][/quote]
    Surely that should have been &#39;our 17 year old mod&#39;...got you

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Well how we gonna verify the age???
    by putting a warnin before any1 enters statin this area is sutible for over 18s
    Then the users will enter by acknoledgin the fact its sutible for them

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by callum+5 July 2003 - 21:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (callum @ 5 July 2003 - 21:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@5 July 2003 - 01:51
    What about our 17 year old mod. [/b][/quote]
    The "boy" will get over it

Peace brotherdoobie

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I think we have enough sections/forums for now.

I dont think that a filesharing board is the place to discuss the type of subject your refering too.

80% of communication is through body language. Obviously this part of communication is missing in this type of forum, and so we see people taking offence very easily on posts that were not meant to be offensive in any way.

Although smillies help in general, they are considered by some to demean serious discussion...so there is a no win situation before any debate starts.

Although in favour of serious debate, if they become emotive enough, then you require trained facilitators or councellors, not Mods...in order to let them run.

To my knowledge there has only been two topics n the last 6 months that were closed because people were upset enough (not angry, upset) to PM Mods, sometimes in tears....the "Hunting" topic in the Lounge, and the "Abortion" topic in the serious debate forum.

The "Abortion" thread is still under consultation, and may be re-opened, or may remain closed (I assume this is what started this thread)

Yes, others have been closed because they became flame threads...Im talking about subjects people were literally too upset to post on.

Im not a Facilitator or Councellor, and dont think any of the other MODS are.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast