Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a racist?

MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    I tried to organize a protest once to protest the protesters.

Needless to say no one showed up.

I thought this thread was about a racism test and what constitutes racism.

The PC part came in as a response to how we have become so absurdly PC to avoid sounding or acting racist.

Busyman. I'm working on the Arse thing.

Thanks for your support.

P.S what Vick did is disgusting, but not unique.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Allygemz View Post

Ever try to get to work during rush hour in NYC when streets are closed off for protestors?

I just read this thread over. I am boggled how you do not understand what I mean. It isn't even about disagreeing with me. I don't think you really do. I think you have taken a sentence here and there and ran with it. Sorry you don't comprehend what I am saying. But hey! You got to say "fuck" at me a few times. That should mean something
    I work in Washington D.C. so I get a full glut of protesters between illegal immigration or the IMF/World Bank.

I hate them fucking up my commute but that's something else now isn't it?

You said protests in general.

Oh yes I understand. You want to limit a person's right to protest "cuz you don't like it cuz you work".

Big hooty.

Protests/marches are for bringing attention to a cause or wrong. Nothing more.
    I think only animals should run in packs. People should vote differently or write letters.

I never said people shouldn't have the right to protest. This world has come a long way from protests. But the protests of today are far different than the protests of long ago. It's like career college students. You know the term? Career protestors. A guess a few bad apples, but they do stink and it ruins the cause. They took the UK soap off here Eastenders. I paid to have Direct tv just so I could get BBCA and be caught up rather than 4 years behind on PBS. If that wasn't insane enough, there were actually people protesting Discovery channel (I believe they were it) over a flipping show!

I am too wordy, I realize that and I am sure my message gets lost. But tests in schools to see how much of a bigot one is falls under this new breed of PC crapola. It is connected. If a bigot has to keep his opinions to himself, who would know the real jerk they are dealing with? Let idiots show themselves. Shutting them up because it isn't PC to make a racial joke confuses genuine people who cracked a joke from real, cross burning bigots.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post

The PC part came in as a response to how we have become so absurdly PC to avoid sounding or acting racist.

Thanks for your support.

When the Gulf war started, there was a protest in DC, I knew someone who went to protest the protestors.

Damn, I wish I had the gift of saying what I mean in just a few sentences! Good on you!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post

Thanks for your support.

Agreed. I also believe people have made dogs into humans.

I got the PC part. The protest part was rather weird.

It sounds as if Alley wants protests to be illegal or some commi crap like that.

If some politician makes some racist remark cuz he's either racist (they are out there) or is simply outta touch and clueless then folks can call him on it.

They can "not have meant anything by it" all they want. If one has a hard time controlling what they say and their job involves public speaking then they should find another line o' work.

Hell it wouldn't be PC for boab to call folks colored over here. It might be where he lives (plus he's really old).

If he was a radio personality in America, he'd have folks pissed at him.

If you don't your audience, you should STFU.

I wonder why this is so hard for people.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65

I work in Washington D.C. so I get a full glut of protesters between illegal immigration or the IMF/World Bank.

I hate them fucking up my commute but that's something else now isn't it?

You said protests in general.

Oh yes I understand. You want to limit a person's right to protest "cuz you don't like it cuz you work".

Big hooty.

Protests/marches are for bringing attention to a cause or wrong. Nothing more.
    I think only animals should run in packs. People should vote differently or write letters.

I never said people shouldn't have the right to protest. This world has come a long way from protests. But the protests of today are far different than the protests of long ago. It's like career college students. You know the term? Career protestors. A guess a few bad apples, but they do stink and it ruins the cause. They took the UK soap off here Eastenders. I paid to have Direct tv just so I could get BBCA and be caught up rather than 4 years behind on PBS. If that wasn't insane enough, there were actually people protesting Discovery channel (I believe they were it) over a flipping show!

I am too wordy, I realize that and I am sure my message gets lost. But tests in schools to see how much of a bigot one is falls under this new breed of PC crapola. It is connected. If a bigot has to keep his opinions to himself, who would know the real jerk they are dealing with? Let idiots show themselves. Shutting them up because it isn't PC to make a racial joke confuses genuine people who cracked a joke from real, cross burning bigots.
    Oh well yeah. I made remarks about this last week to wifey.

I said, "Look at them. They probably don't have jobs, their parents are rich, and/or they are one of those that have been constantly searching for purpose."

What I find ultimately is that we aren't cool with them unless they are protesting something we disagree with also.

The funny thing about idiots showing themselves is that even in this PC world, they still do.

Would I rather have overt racism? Fuck no.

If that guy thinks I'm a nigger, I'd rather he keep it to himself (unless he's making my sandwich).

It causes more tension.

What do you think of this?

[youtube]r90z0PMnKwI[/youtube]

The guy he refers to is an American of Indian descent
    Last edited by Busyman™; 09-10-2007 at 11:13 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66

I said, "Look at them. They probably don't have jobs, their parents are rich, and/or they are one of those that have been constantly searching for purpose."

What I find ultimately is that we aren't cool with them unless they are protesting something we disagree with also.

The funny thing about idiots showing themselves is that even in this PC world, they still do.

If that guy thinks I'm a nigger, I'd rather he keep it to himself (unless he's making my sandwich).

It causes more tension.

He lost his Senate seat. I don't believe he didn't know what the word meant, as he claimed.

Thats a very intentional word usage.

"Unless he's making my sandwich" nice. Laughed at that one.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67

It causes more tension.

Because we saw that, we know who he is. Was it a horrible thing he said? No, I've heard worse from my own gran. But if he was playing by the PC rules, people would vote for him without know the true nitwit he is. I am not cool with any protestors. Do I think it's ok to see nuns holding pictures of chopped up fetuses in front of abortion clinics? Hell no! It is inappropriate in public to see while driving home from breakfeast with my niece. But I understand freedom. You can't legistate stupid. No matter how much we want to.

I don't think anyone should call a person the N word. But I bet the people who think it and don't say it are more afraid of getting their asses kicked than what the world thinks of them. Someone made a comment to me "shanty Irish" that, I would say is on the same level as "pikey" insulting but not the same level as the N word IMO Ignorance, it's all it is. I don't want to legistate stupid. Thats what PC has become, we keep letting it.

FFS I went on and on again! Damn it!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68

It causes more tension.

Because we saw that, we know who he is. Was it a horrible thing he said? No, I've heard worse from my own gran. But if he was playing by the PC rules, people would vote for him without know the true nitwit he is. I am not cool with any protestors. Do I think it's ok to see nuns holding pictures of chopped up fetuses in front of abortion clinics? Hell no! It is inappropriate in public to see while driving home from breakfeast with my niece. But I understand freedom. You can't legistate stupid. No matter how much we want to.

I don't think anyone should call a person the N word. But I bet the people who think it and don't say it are more afraid of getting their asses kicked than what the world thinks of them. Someone made a comment to me "shanty Irish" that, I would say is on the same level as "pikey" insulting but not the same level as the N word IMO Ignorance, it's all it is. I don't want to legistate stupid. Thats what PC has become, we keep letting it.

Oh you should read my comments on those trying to legislate/ban the N word.

We are both on point about legislating PCness.

However, if some fuck politician goes on spouting off at the mouth such a word with venom then I think people have the right to protest and bring attention to the fuck.

It's quite simple really.

As far as George Allen, he sat there with his good ole boys calling the Indian looking guy macaca and referring to him as some type of foreigner and the guy was born here. I doubt he would have called him macaca if he was white.

George gave him what his opponent wanted. Nice going.

What an idiot.

@Ally, if you aren't already a member with a new username

here's some readin' for you

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-the...rd-this-189618

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-the...ss-imus-172532
    Last edited by Busyman™; 09-11-2007 at 02:00 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69

However, if some fuck politician goes on spouting off at the mouth such a word with venom then I think people have the right to protest and bring attention to the fuck.

As far as George Allen, he sat there with his good ole boys calling the Indian looking guy macaca and referring to him as some type of foreigner and the guy was born here. I doubt he would have called him macaca if he was white.

What an idiot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Jim Webb won Allen's seat.

He did sound like a major ass when he said that.

After that he deserved to lose. And to think I liked the guy.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #70

What an idiot.

@Ally, if you aren't already a member with a new username

here's some readin' for you

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-the...rd-this-189618

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-the...ss-imus-172532
    I thought it was standard in all sites that are moderated, when you sign on, it's once only. I swear on my eyes, I've never been here before.

I'll take a gander

Edit: I read the first one. I am a bit shook up. I may be wrong, but was the point of that post to race bait? Because the criminals could have been any color, it still is a horrible crime. My reaction wouldn't be any different had the races been reversed. That article doesn't have anything to do with the PC world as I see it. Why it didn't make headlines I don't know. Possibly it was a week that other news was bigger? Like if this happened around 9/11/01 or Katrina. The other one, I see Imus in the title. I don't think I can deal with him tonight. I've never liked him. He has no class, I'm not 100% that he is a bigot though. If his fate was death on that and I was on the jury, I couldn't get behind that.

Thanks for the banter, I will come back to discuss the links. I am really affected by that ist story. I don't know how I will get it out of my head.

Last edit: The only news that was big I could find around that time was pictures of Saddam Hussein being hung. Maybe thats why it didn't hit the media as one would expect?

My eyes burn! Nighters
    Last edited by Allygemz; 09-11-2007 at 03:32 AM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast